Blast From The Past

(Chapter idea inspired by MusicBookMovieLover Thank you for your chapter suggestion! Feel free to leave more in the comments or on my page!)

Hazel POV:

It's a couple days later when I start to feel better. My fever has officially broke and I'm no longer feeling sick. We gave it another day before I could see Mila, just to be safe.

Now, I'm up at four in the morning, anxious for Mila to wake up. Theo is fast asleep beside me. His blonde hair is tousled and he's quietly snoring. Mila won't be waking up anytime soon, but I decide to just make my way into her room anyways.

It's dark in her nursery when I walk in. The only light is coming from her princess nightlight that's plugged into the wall beside the door. It's casting a subtle pink light across the room.

Mila's fast asleep in her crib. She's laying on her stomach with her butt in the air. She's wearing a white pair of footie pajamas that have flowers all over them. There's a half drunken bottle of breastmilk laying in the bed beside her. Theo must've given that to her when she went to bed.

I really don't want to disturb her, but I've been missing my baby. Approaching the crib, I lean over the side and carefully lift Mila up into my arms. She doesn't even wake as I sit down on the rocking chair.

We rock in silence for a little bit as I stare down at my peas angelic face. Her chubby cheeks are rosy and her blonde eyelashes flutter as she dreams. Mila's pink bow lips are parted as she breathes deeply. My baby's head is resting in the crook of my arm, her face turned towards my breast.

I lift my shirt and my left breast comes into view. My hand gently takes ahold of my breast as I rub my nipple across Mila's lips. She latches on without hesitation and suckles strongly. In her sleep, Mila's fist comes up to rest on the swell of my breast.

"That's Mama's girl." I whisper, looking down at Mila as she suckles.

Her lips are wrapped around my nipple and areola, her pink tongue poking out every now and then as she drinks. The pulls on my breast are strong and steady, making me sigh out my relief.

I missed nursing her while I was sick. Pumping is nothing like nursing. Mila's tiny warm body was replaced by a cold mechanical machine. I cried a lot while I was sick, something that bugged Theo.

Not because it annoyed him, but because he hates seeing me upset.

Eventually, I stand up and make my way towards the small bed in Mila's room. It was originally put in here because Theo and I thought we would sleep in here with her sometimes, but Mila usually just ends up sleeping in our bed.

I lay down on my side in the bed and bring Mila close to my body. She snuggles into my breast, continuing her slow suckles. After bringing the blanket up to cover the both of us, I close my eyes and prepare to go back to sleep.

The front doorbell ringing is what startles me out of my sleep. There's no telling what time it is, but based on the light coming in through the window, it looks like it's almost noon.

Mila wiggles on my chest and grunts unhappily at her sleep being interrupted. I don't know how she ended up laying on top of me, but here we are.

"Mom? Can you come down here for a second." I hear Kai call from downstairs.

"Be right down." I yell back.

He must've opened the front door instead of Theo. I don't know where my husband is, but he's probably in the bathroom.