Bloody Hell

Hazel POV:

Walking into the bathroom with Mila in my arms, I open the shower door and start the water. Honestly, I don't want to shower with Mila especially because I'm on my period, but she honestly thinks I'm going to die. This is the only way to prove that I'm not dying.

I quickly strip Mila out of her diaper and place her in the running water while I strip. Mila watches me closely and I cringe when she points at my bloody underwear. "Ucky, Mama." She tells me.

"Yeah, yucky. It makes Mama's tummy hurt too." I tell Mila while stepping into the warm water. My baby stares pointedly at my private parts and I groan before turning around to wet my hair.

It's not like Mila hasn't seen me naked before, but she doesn't need to be seeing this. "Chu 'ot hwair on chur peepee, Mama." Mila says, stating the obvious.

I haven't had time to make a waxing appointment, so I'm starting to get prickly. What I really want is laser hair removal, but that takes time.

"Yes, Mama has hair on her privates." I finally respond to Mila. She tilts her head to the side curiously then bends down to look at her own privates. Of course there's no hair down there.

She points to her privates and says, "Wan sum, pease?"

A laugh escapes me and I shake my head. Crouching down, I run my fingers through Mila's wet hair and say, "No, baby. You're still a little girl. Maybe, you'll get some one day."

Mila actually pouts and her bottom lip wiggles. I can't believe she's about to cry over some pubic hair. "Wan now!" She screams while slamming her right foot down on the floor in a stomp.

Leaning down, I pick Mila up and cuddle her to my chest. How can I be mad at her for wanting to be like me? "Shhh, it's okay. Mama has you. You just have to be patient." I whisper sadly.

The truth is that Mila will never get pubic hair. She'll never grow up and have a period. Mila will always be this tiny. It's embedded in her DNA; there is no cure. I don't even know what Mila will even look like when she's old.

Will she stay all young looking and innocent, or will she get wrinkles and gray hair like everyone else? It's something that I ask myself a lot. That's a long time away, though. For now, she's my healthy little girl.

"Nu, Mama. Wan be 'ig girl." Mila sobs into my neck.

I rock the both of us while rubbing Mila's back. "You are my big girl. I promise."

My words seem to settle Mila. Her cries slowly stop and she wiggles to get down out of my arms. I set her on the shower floor, then proceed to wash the both of us. Mila giggles when I run the washcloth over her bum, then proceeds to shake it in a little dance.

I cheer her on while clapping my hands. "Go Mila go Mila go!" I sing-song.

Mila does this weird dancing thing as I wash my body. I make sure to pay extra attention to my private parts, then hop out to grab a towel. I rush to dry off so I don't get blood anywhere, then plop down on the toilet to insert a tampon.

My little girl watches me the whole time through the glass shower door, making me cringe. I really don't get any privacy with her. "Wha dat?" Mila asks, pointing to my tampon applicator.

Yeah, there's some things she just doesn't need to know, and this is one of them. "It's nothing, baby. It goes in the trash." I toss the applicator in the trash can and stand up to wash my hands.

Once that's finished, I open the shower door, turn off the water, grab a towel, then lift Mila out of the water. The hot water helped my clogged milk duct, but it's still clogged. I'm going to have to pump for most of the day today to try and dislodge it.