Sleepover Time

Mila POV:

Teeta, Gammy, Papa, and Grampy are coming over today! I'm so excited. It's been three weeks since the accident and I'm feeling much better now. I still won't go in the car without throwing a fit, though. Other than that, I'm perfect!

"Mila, please stay still. We're almost done." Mama sighs. She's trying to dress me but I don't care. I want to go downstairs and wait for everybody to get her. I wiggle a little bit but mommy manages to get my outfit on me.

Mama dresses me in a red onesie that says, 'I got it from my Mama' in white script. She puts a matching skirt on me that has roses on it and a headband. "There, all done. Let's go have some breakfast."

Mama carries me downstairs on her hip and sets me in my high chair. Daddy's cooking something on the stove that smells really yummy. "Da da da da." I babble to him.

"Is that my baby I hear?" He turns away from the stove and waves at me. I bang my hands on my tray in excitement and he smiles.

"We have pancakes, eggies, and avocado coming up." Mama brings me a plate but instead of placing the plate on my tray, she individually puts the pieces of food on it.

Grabbing a handful of avocado, I put it in my mouth and immediately spit it out. "Nu." I tell Mama.

"Oh shit! I forgot to put a bib on her." Mama runs into the kitchen and brings out a pink bib, quickly putting it on me.

Mama grabs one of my baby sporks and tries to feed me another piece of avocado. I turn my head away and shake my head. "Ucky, Mama. Nu!" I tell her.

"Okay. No more avocado. Would you like some juice while we wait for Daddy to finish cooking?" She asks.

I nod my head and Mama brings me a sippy cup full of watered down apple juice. I lean back in my chair and sip my juice until I hear the front door open. From where I'm sitting, I can see the front door.

I immediately throw my cup down and bang my hands on the tray. Everybody's here! "Out!" I yell at Mama, trying to undo the straps.

"Okay, Okay, but you'll come back without fuss for breakfast." Mama smiles and unbuckles my highchair, letting me down.

I immediately run to Teeta and she picks me up, giving me a big kiss on the cheek. "Well, good morning! I missed my munchkin today." Teeta smiles at me.

"Nu 'cado. Yucky." I tell Teeta.

"What's she talking about, Hazel?" Teeta asks.

"We've been trying to introduce her to new foods lately. We tried avocado this morning and she hated it." Mama chuckles.

"Stop hogging the baby, hand her over." Grampy takes me from Teeta's arms and hands me a lolipop.

"Don't tell Mama or Dada. Okay?" He smiles down at me and kisses my forehead.

"My turn!" I'm passed to Gammy and am given lots of kisses. Finally, I'm passed over to Papa and he tickles me under my chin.

"Do you want me to hold this for you? I'll give it back after breakfast." Papa asks.

I nod my head and hand him my sucker. Just in time too because Mama comes to get me for breakfast. "Come on, let's go fill that tummy of yours."

I'm buckled back in my highchair, and a small portion of cut up eggs and pancakes are placed in front of me. I immediately grab a fist full of eggs and stuff them in my mouth. "Would you guys like any? Theo made a lot." Mama smiles as she sits next to me.

"We'll take some if you don't mind."

After everybody finishes their food, I'm tired and my bellies full. I go to rub my eyes with my fist but Mama stops me. "No Mila, your hands are yucky."