New Home

It's been several weeks since my first outing with Hazel and Theo. I've seen them more times than I can count since then. We've done all sorts of things such as go out to eat, see movies, go swimming, and much more. The best is when I got to spend a while weekend with them!

Today they're coming over to pick me up for another weekend visit. I already have my bag packed and ready to go. I've seen their house already and it's huge. I even got to meet their dog, Luna. She's a chubby golden retriever. I'm lost in my thoughts when I hear the doorbell ring.

I slide down my butt on the stairs so I can get down faster. Sheila opens the door and Hazel and Theo walk in holding a bunch of balloons, some papers, and Theo's holding a camera.

"THEO! HAZEL!" I shout their names and run as fast as I can up to them. Hazel picks me up and gives me a big kiss on my cheek.

"Hey Mila! How's our favorite girl?" She asks.

"Good! I'm excited to come over this weekend."

"We have a surprise for you!" Theo says.

"What?" I tilt my head towards him and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Well, the papers finally went through. You're officially ours! Mila Era Thomas!" I screech and throw my arms around Hazel's neck. I start to cry happy tears. This is the best day of my life!

It's then I realize that my last name was changed from Waters to Thomas. "I'm yours now?" I say through my happy tears.

"Yes Love, you're ours." Theo says. He kisses me on the top of my head and rubs my back.

I look up after a while and give them both a big smile. "I took the liberty of packing the rest of your clothes and items. I'm going to miss you Mila." Sheila says.

"I'll miss you too, Sheila." Hazel moves closer to Sheila so I can give her a hug while Theo grabs my stuff from upstairs.

There isn't a lot if I'm honest. My clothes are so small that they can all fit in one box. Theo quickly packs my stuff in the car and I say a quick goodbye to my foster siblings.

Hazel carries me out to the car and places me in the backseat. "Okay Mila, we're going to head home, have a talk, then we're going to go to the mall. Is that okay?" Hazel asks. I can see the side of her face and she looks really nervous.

"Yeah, that's okay." We spend the rest of the car ride in relative silence. I can tell that the conversation we're about to have is important. It makes me nervous to think too much into it, so I just enjoy the scenery instead.

After about forty-five minutes we arrive at their house and Hazel helps me out of the car. We make our way inside and into the living room. They sit on the couch while I sit on the coffee table in front of them.

"Mila, before we start this discussion I want you to know that if you don't want to do this, we aren't sending you back. You're ours forever. All we ask is that you keep your questions until the end of our explanation. Okay?" Theo asks.

I nod my head and he takes a deep breath, then continues.

"Hazel and I married when we Where twenty-two and twenty-four. We tried for a baby right after we got married. It wasn't until two years later that Hazel finally got pregnant. We had a little girl named, Bria. She was happy and healthy for the first six months of her life.

"Everything was fine until one night we put Bria to bed. Only this time, she didn't wake up. We learned that she died from SIDS, sudden infant death syndrome. Hazel and I were heartbroken. Bria was our whole world. About a year after Bria passed, we tried for another baby. We weren't trying to replace her, we just wanted to have another baby.

"We we're having trouble getting pregnant and went to a fertility doctor. We found out that Hazel couldn't get pregnant again. It broke us for a long time. We decided to look at adoption. We wanted a little girl so bad. We were going through cases when we saw yours.

"We knew right from the start that you would fit in with our family. We wanted a little girl that would stay young and innocent. She would be our baby forever. What I'm trying to say is that, we want you to be our baby. We want you to act like the toddler you look like. In return, you'll have the childhood you never got to have.

"You don't have to go through this if you don't want to. We're not trying to pressure you into anything. We love you no matter what." Theo finishes is rant and looks at me with hopeful eyes.

Do I want to do this? I want to make them happy. They've already done so much for me. The part about getting my childhood back sounds amazing. I want to give them that missing piece back that they lost with Bria.

I already like them holding and snuggling me. When we're out in public they even treat me like a toddler. To be honest, I couldn't ask for a better Mom and Dad. All I have to do is put my trust in them.

"Okay, I'll try."

A large smile overtakes both their faces and I'm pulled into a huge hug. Hazel has me on her lap with me straddling her legs while Theo wraps his arms around the both of us.

"How about we go shopping? We need to pick up some things then we'll go over some rules when we get back home." Theo suggests.

"Okay."