Mommy's Gone (Part 1)

(Chapter idea inspired by @Amirah025 Thank you for the chapter idea!)
Smut warning for this chapter!

Theo POV:

"Hazel, you have to wake up if you want to say goodbye to Mila." I whisper to my sleeping wife.

Today she's going on a business trip to remodel a celebrities house. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity, so of course she took it. The only problem is, she has to fly out of state. She'll be gone for three days and I'll be watching Mila.

We both know Mila is going to struggle with this. She's very attached to Hazel and needs to nurse to be able to sleep. That's what I'm most concerned about; Mila not being able to sleep because she can't breast feed. Hopefully, a bottle will suffice but I doubt it.

"I'm up, Theo. Can you go get the baby?" Hazel groans as she rolls over in bed.

"Don't go back to sleep." I warn before tossing the blankets off and quietly walking into Mila's nursery.

It's still quite early and Mila's still asleep. She's laying on her stomach with her butt in the air, a pacifier bobbing in her mouth. There's no light coming from outside but the nightlight casts the room in a dim, pink glow.

Instead of waking Mila up, I lean over her crib and gently pick her up. I rest her head on my shoulder and gently pat her bum. She needs a diaper change but I'll wait until Hazel says goodbye.

Walking back into my room, I see Hazel sitting up in bed. Her hair is all over the place and she's rubbing her eyes while yawning. "I brought you a present." I whisper as I set Mila down in her lap.

"This is the best present ever." Hazel murmurs as she lifts a still asleep Mila close to her chest.

Hazel gently kisses Mila's cheek and rocks her body back and forth. It's an adorable sight, watching Hazel love on our baby. She's perfect in every way. "I pumped enough milk for the three days but there's more in the freezer if needed. I'll FaceTime you guys every night at Mila's bedtime. Ummm, if she's struggling going to sleep let her sleep in the bed with you-"

She goes to say more but I stop her. I'm Mila's Dad, not her babysitter. I know how to take care of my baby. "I know, babe. Mila and I will be fine. It might be hard for her at first, but we'll survive."

Hazel let's out a large sigh then reluctantly nods her head. "Okay, I'm sorry. This is the first time I'm leaving the state without Mila. If I'm honest with myself, I'm nervous."

That's understandable. Hazel is usually the one to watch the baby and take her everywhere. They haven't really been separated from each other.

I move over to the bed and sit down next to my wife, pulling her into my arms. Her back rests against my chest and Mila rests against her. "Don't fret, hun. I'll text you updates every hour on the dot if that's what you need. Now, you have to get up and get ready or you're going to miss your flight." I lightly say.

She sighs but hands me the baby before getting off the bed. Mila must be starting to wake up, because she starts to root around on my chest. Instead of bringing her to Hazel, I head downstairs and begin to warm up a bottle.

Hazel hates when I warm up bottles in the microwave so she bought a bottle warmer a few weeks ago. It's much more convenient and quicker.

After the timer dings, I take the bottle out and give it a shake to disperse the warmth through the milk. "Here you go, ladybug." I whisper as I rub the tip of the bottle across her lips.

Mila latches onto the bottle right away and sucks vigorously. My little girl was hungry. I hold her in the crook of my left arm and hold the bottle with my right. I'm bigger than Hazel so I don't need both hands to support Mila. Her little body fits perfectly in my arms.