The New House

Hazel POV:

Mila's currently asleep in the backseat of the car. She's sucking on her Nuk and dreaming away as we drive up to the gates of our new neighborhood. Well, hope to be new neighborhood.

Kai is also in the back with his headphones on. His head is titled back against the seat back, his gray eyes closed. We let him skip school for this. It's important that all my children are included when we're going to see our new potential house.

It's only about twenty minutes away from our current house. We didn't want to move too far away. Especially because Kai just started school and Theo's office is downtown.

Theo types in the passcode to the gate the realtor sent us, then we watch as the gates slowly open. We pull through and drive down the curving road up towards the multimillion dollar houses.

They're all huge and recently made. I'm truly impressed.

"This should be it." Theo says as he pulls up into the circular driveway of a large white house with beige brick.

He shuts off the engine and climbs out. I follow suit after waking up Kai. He mumbles something, then unbuckles Mila from her seat. They're both matching today, something that was Kai's idea.

Kai is wearing black skinny jeans, a plain white shirt, and a blue flannel shirt. Mila is wearing the baby version of that, black leggings that look like jeans, a white onesie, and a pink flannel shirt that couldn't be buttoned because her belly was too chunky.

What can I say? My baby loves to eat.

"Here you go." Kai whispers, handing me my baby.

She grunts unhappily at all the movement, but snuggles her face into my neck.

My son grabs her diaper bag, then we all step up onto the porch to greet the realtor. She's a middle aged blonde woman with obvious fake breasts, which she's currently trying to flaunt at Theo.

I roll my eyes and step up to his side. My husband automatically presses a kiss to my head, then our sleeping daughters. Kai steps up to his other side and Theo throws his arm around his shoulder, ruffling Kai's hair.

"Dad, stop." Kai whines, trying to break free.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop." Theo chuckles.

The realtor steps up to me and offers her hand for a handshake. I support Mila's body with my left arm and shake her hand with my right.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Hazel, this is Mila, and that's our son Malikai." I greet, gesturing to Mila and Kai.

She nods her head, then unlocks the front door with a key. We step up into the massive house and my jaw drops. Holy shit! This place is absolutely huge. The walls are painted a beautiful orange color, the floors dark wood.

The front door leads into a massive foyer with a beautiful chandelier hanging down. The staircase is right in front of us. Two staircases are on each side of the foyer, twisting up to meet in the middle landing.

I can see the upstairs landing past the staircase banister. There's ornate paintings hanging up on the walls, something that'll be replaced with family photos if we choose to buy this house.

We're guided around each room downstairs. A living room, a sitting room, a huge office, laundry room, three bathrooms, and even a movie room. My favorite part is the kitchen, though.

It's been recently redone. White marble countertops, see through glass cabinets, state of the art appliances, there's even a bar. I can imagine cooking in this kitchen with music playing, my family dancing around me.