Telling Teeta

Hazel POV:

Mila, Theo, and I are on our way to a restaurant to meet up with Theo's mom. We invited Kai but he said he needed some alone time. He's a teenage boy so we decided to leave him at the house. He'll be okay for a couple hours while Mila spends some much needed time with her Teeta.

"What are you going to eat, pea? Are you going to have steak?" I ask, knowing Mila hates steak.

"Nuuuu! Miwa gun hab bwurger!" She replies happily.

My Pea loves cheeseburgers, though. That's why we're headed to Longhorn Steakhouse. They have good steaks for Theo and I, but cheeseburgers for Mila. It's a win win for all of us.

The best part about all of this, is that Mila doesn't know we're on our way to see her Teeta. All she knows is that we're going out to dinner. We thought surprising her would be nice because she hasn't seen Barb in a while.

"We should bring something home for Kai too. He'll probably want a nice steak. I don't know how he takes it, though." Theo says while clicking his blinker to turn into the Longhorn parking lot.

"I asked him earlier and he said he's never had steak. Let's go with the best bet, medium rare." I reply while listening to Mila hum from the backseat.

She's humming 'The wheels on the bus.' The sound is cute but annoying at the same time. "We're here, pea!" I exclaim after taking off my seatbelt.

Throwing open my car door, I round the vehicle to Mila's side. Theo's about to open the door, but I stop him. I want to carry her today. "I'll get the baby." I tell him while pulling open Mila's door.

She's smiling happily at me as I unbuckle her harness straps. Mila's wearing a blue, long sleeved romper, and a pair of white Mary Janes. The outfit is completed with a large, white hair bow. I love the outfit and so does Mila.

"You ready to go eat eat?" I ask the baby as Theo guides us across the parking lot.

"Yesth!" Mila replies happily while clapping her chubby hands.

I chuckle at her as Theo pulls the door open for me to enter. Barb should already be here and seated, so we don't have to wait for a table.

As it turns out, Mila spots Barb as soon as we walk into the restaurant. She's sitting in a both in direct line of sight of the door. "TEETA!" Mila screams while wiggling in my arms.

The scream draws the attention of several patrons and I cringe a little bit. My little girl sure knows how to be loud. I place Mila on the floor and she takes off towards Barb's booth.

Mila waddle-runs towards Barb who's now crouching down on the floor with her arms spread out, ready to catch her granddaughter.

"Teeta!" Mila screeches while running straight into the arms of Barb.

Theo laughs from my side then we both approach the table where Barb is currently wrapped up in Mila. Our little girl is babbling happily while clinging onto her Teeta. "Wow! That's amazing, babygirl!" Barb enthuses after standing up with Mila in her arms.

"Hi Mom." Theo says, leaning in to give her a hug.

Mila's having none of that, though. She pushes him away and glares at him. "Nu! Gu 'way. Miwa Teeta!"

Little thing is territorial that's for sure. "She's my Mama, though." Theo says while fake pouting.

The image is almost comical. My big, muscular husband is pouting because our toddler won't let him give his mom a hug. "Let Dada give his Mommy a hug." I say gently.