Back At Work

Hazel POV:

Peeking into Mila's room, I see her fast asleep in her crib. Her chest is rising and falling in an even, slow rhythm and her blonde hair all over her pillow. Today, Theo and I go back to work and I know it's going to be hard for Mila. "Alright, I have to go." Theo whispers in my ear.

I nod my head and he slides past me into Mila's room. Leaning over the crib, he gives her a soft kiss and says, "I love you. Be a good girl for Mama while I'm at work."

Mila doesn't do anything besides turn over and snuggle deeper into her blanket. Theo chuckles silently and walks back to me and gives me a quick hug and kiss. "Your lunch is in the fridge. Have a good day, I love you."

"Love you too. Have a good day with Mila." Theo replies, gives me another kiss, then heads out to work.

I sigh and gently close Mila's bedroom door. We have a long day today. I have to go to the grocery store to get food since we had to throw out a lot of food before the vacation so it didn't go bad. Then I have to work from noon to six in the evening.

Quietly making my way downstairs, I let Luna outside and head upstairs again to get showered and dressed for the day. I pick out a simple pair of black leggings and a pink t-shirt to wear after I'm out of the shower.

By the time I finish with that, it's 9:30. I'm surprised Mila hasn't woken up. Tip-toeing into Mila's room, I'm shocked to find her awake and sitting up. She has her dolly in her arms and is babbling nonsense to it. "Good morning, pea." I say as I flick on Mila's bedroom lights.

Mila drops her doll and stands up gripping the rail of her crib, smiling up at me. "Mama!" She squeals, bouncing up and down. 

Leaning over the railing, I pick Mila up and give her a kiss. "Did you have a good sleep?" I ask as I lay her down on the changing table.

"Dada?" Mila asks. Oh lord, here it comes.

Ripping open the tabs of Mila's diaper I reply, "Dada had to go to work today. He'll be back later."

I hold my breath while I wait to see how Mila will respond. Will she scream and cry or just move past it? "Miwa gu see Dada?" She asks.

"Maybe later. We have to go to the grocery store and get some nom noms for your belly." I tickle Mila's belly and she giggles and nods her head.

"Alright, let's get some clothes on you." It's raining outside and it's kinda chilly so I grab her pink fleece, bear onesie.

It covers her arms and legs and the hood has little pink bear ears on it. It's perfect. I dress Mila quickly and put her feet in a pair of white socks. "All done! Do you want some milky before we leave?"

Of course my little girl would never turn down some milk. "Yesth!" Mila wiggles impatiently as I sit down in the rocking chair and pull up my shirt, unclipping my bra.

Mila latches on and I browse my phone while she nurses, gently rocking us back in forth in the chair. After twenty minutes, I switch her to the other side. While I'm browsing Instagram, I get a text from Theo.

Theo:
'How are you and the baby'

Hazel:
'We're good. She's nursing right now.
She was looking for you when she woke up.'

Theo:
'Send me a photo.
I miss my princess.'

Raising the phone up so Mila's and my face can both fit in the phone screen, I snap a photo and send it to Theo. In the photo Mila's staring up at the camera and her lips are wrapped around my nipple. While I'm smiling and my face is figuratively glowing.