Oh Canada (Part One)

(This is a surprise collaboration with bvmchloe with her story "Easy To Love" We hope you enjoy our little crossover chapters! Make sure you check out the chapters in her book too!)

Hazel POV:

A couple weeks ago I was contacted by a couple living in Canada. They heard about my reputation as an interior designer and wanted to hire me on. I was hesitant at first. This was in a whole other country and I'm going to have to take Mila with me. The last time I went out of state without her, Mila and I didn't do too well.

After several long conversations with Theo and Kai, they decided it was best if I go. They're going to stay at home and have some guy time with each other. Father son bonding and all that good stuff.

Currently, I'm packing the last of our stuff while Mila runs around like a loon. Theo is trying to contain her, but it's not really working. She's excited about going on an airplane again, while I'm stressed out about getting through the airport with Mila by myself.

The last time we traveled, Theo was with me. He helped immensely and now I have to do it by myself. To save me some trouble, I've just decided to leave her stroller and carry her strapped to my chest via her sling.

There's already so much luggage to haul, so not having a stroller makes this a lot easier.

"Mama!" Mila shouts from the top of the stairs.

"Yes, pea?" I yell back as I unlock the safe in Theo and I's closet, pulling out mine and Mila's passport.

"Wuna pee peed on da fwoor."

That catches my attention. Usually when Mila says the dog peed on the floor, it was really her. Standing up, I rush towards my girl and see she's still fully dressed with her diaper on.

There's a puddle that she's currently stomping in, though. I hope to God that that's just some spilled water. Luna is nowhere in sight, so that's a good sign.

"What are you playing in, pea?" I question as I approach my baby.

"Dada." Mila replies seriously, her messy blonde hair moving as she nods.

"I spilled some juice on the floor. I didn't tighten the lid to Mila's sippy cup and when she went to grab it out of my hand, it toppled over and spilled." Theo tells me as he comes upstairs with a spray bottle and some paper towels.

Great, I'm behind on my packing schedule and now Mila needs a shower because she was stomping around in sticky juice. I could put her in the shower, leave the bathroom door open, and finish packing while keeping an ear out for her.

Yeah, that could work.

"Alright, pea. Let's go get in the shower." I tell Mila as I lift her up, holding her away from my body.

No way am I getting sticky juice on my clothes.

"Mama pway in da 'ower wif Miwa?" Mila inquires adorably.

"Not today, baby. When we get to our hotel we can take a bath together."

Once Mila is happily splashing around in the shower, I finish packing and zip up the last of our bags. I don't know why I left everything last minute. I'm lucky I picked a late flight. The flight doesn't leave until almost eight o'clock. It's currently one, but I'm still rushing.

"You ready to get out and get dressed?" I ask, peeking around the door and into the bathroom.

Mila is currently covered in about a half a bottle of soap. She's wiggling her little hinney and singing the ABC's. Even though I'm stressed out, I stop and laugh at her. My pea is adorable and goofy.