Intruder Alert

(Chapter idea inspired by bvmchloe Feel free to leave more chapter suggestions below or on my page!)

Smut warning for this chapter!

Malikai POV:

"Just to make sure you're set. My breastmilk is in the fridge. Don't heat it up in the microwave! You have to boil some water and put the baggy in the water to warm it up. Mila's diaper rash cream is in the top drawer of her changing table.

"Uhhh... You know where the snacks are and how much to give her. Bedtime for Mila is at seven-thirty. Eight at the latest. She can sleep in your bed with you if she won't sleep in her crib.

"We'll bring something home for you to eat, but I also made you some dinner. It's in the fridge in a plastic container. If there's any problems our phones are on. If there's an emergency call 911 first and then call us." Mom finishes on a large breath as she grips her clutch tightly in her hands.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes. I'm pretty sure I can handle Mila for a few hours while Mom and Dad go out to dinner. There shouldn't be one problem.

Nevertheless, to ease Mom's anxiety I reply with, "Yes, ma'am."

Dad smiles and claps me on the back. He passes a still napping Mila over to me, then the pair make their exit out of the house.

I gently rock Mila in my arms and move to the living room where her baby swing is. After placing her down in it, I move to the kitchen to boil some water. Mila will be awake soon and she'll want to nurse. Since I clearly don't have boobs, I have to prepare a bottle for her.

Once the water is boiling, I open the fridge to retrieve a milk bag. There's several stacked on top of each other with dates on them. I make sure to grab the one that's about to expire.

The milk doesn't take too long to heat up, but I keep it in the hot water to keep it warm until Mila wakes up.

After checking on her several times, I turn on Netflix and browse for something to watch. I'm thirty minutes into a pretty dull show, when I decide to take a look at Mila.

She's moving around in the swing. My little sister is only wearing a diaper and I can see the bulge in it. Mentally, I groan at the thought of having to change her. I've changed Mila plenty of times, but I'm still afraid of pressing too hard and accidentally hurting her.

"Are you finally waking up, sissy?" I whisper as I crouch down in front of her swing.

I flick the switch to stop the movement, then carefully unbuckle her. Mila whines a little bit when I lift her up to my chest, but settles when she realizes it's me.

"Kai? Wan Mama bewbie." She whines, nuzzling her face into my neck.

"Mama went out on a date night with Daddy, remember?"

All Mila does is continue to cry into my neck. I'm hoping she stops soon because I had the whole evening planned out for us. We're going to have icecream and popcorn while we watch a movie. Her favorite of course, Finding Nemo.

Then she's going to have a bath with her favorite music playing. I even got her a disco ball that will shine multicolored lights around the room.

Finally, I'll read her a book as we snuggle in bed. It's going to be a fun night as long as Mila allows it.

I'm thinking about all of this as I open the cabinet that holds all of Mila's bottles. There's so much to choose from. Four ounce bottles, eight ounce bottles, twelve ounce bottles, newborn bottles, toddler bottles, and there's even sippy cups for her.