Dramatic Day At The Office

(Chapter idea inspired by @craZy2002REAdER bvmchloe GraceSparks0 and NerdyKing22 thank you for the ideas! Feel free to leave more!)

Theo POV:

The air is cool on my body as I lift myself out of the car, making sure to grab Mila's diaper bag off the passenger seat. She had to come with me to the office today because Hazel had a home she had to go to. Normally, we would drop Mila off with one of our parents, but it was last minute.

I volunteered to bring Mila to the office with me. This isn't what normally would be allowed, but I'm the boss and I make the final decisions.

It's still early, around seven in the morning. The sun is barely risen and dew covers the grass. I could've used about five more hours of sleep, but I'll make do with what I got.

Rounding the car, I open up Mila's door and carefully unbuckle and pick up my sleeping princess. She's out for the count, snoring softly into my shoulder. I grab her blanket that I tucked into her carseat with her and cover Mila's back with it to protect her from the cold. The last thing I need is a sick baby.

The building is still pretty much empty when I walk in through the front doors. A few people mill about but there's an eerie silence. My office building is usually teeming with people.

Pressing the button to the elevator, I gently rock back and forth on my feet as I wait for the doors to open.

As I step into the elevator, a female coworker of mine slips her hand in the door just as they're about to close. I give her a polite smile and stare at the doors. The elevator doors reflect, showing whoever is inside. Upon examining my reflection, I notice that I look like a proper business father.

My suit is all black and my tie is straight. Mila's cheek is smushed against my shoulder. The top of her long sleeved pink onesie showing under blanket. While the woman in the elevator is looking at me lustfully.

I choose to ignore that.

Her perfume is strong, too strong. She's also wearing a blouse that is several sizes too small for her. Her breasts are a button away from popping out.

Disgusting. This is a place of work. Have some class.

"Awe! Is this your little girl? She's adorable." The lady coos as she goes to touch Mila.

Everybody knows you're not supposed to wake a sleeping baby. "Yes, this is my daughter. Please don't touch her. I don't want her to wake up." I explain in a gentle voice.

"Sorry." The woman giggles. It's not a normal giggle, it's a flirtatious giggle.

I roll my eyes and the elevator doors finally open up to my office floor. Giving the woman an friendly head nod goodbye, I make my way into my office. Mila can sleep on the couch until she wakes up. Hazel packed her a bottle and some breakfast so Mila should be good until Hazel picks her up at three.

Laying Mila down on the couch, I lift the blanket and cover her body with it. I'm kind-of scared she'll roll over, so I make sure to tuck my throw pillows beside her body. "Love you, ladybug." I whisper after giving her forehead a kiss.

My desk is covered with paperwork when I sit down behind it. There's so much to do and so little time to do it. Signing, I rub my eyes, and get to work.

Sounds of people arriving in the office infiltrate my ears and I groan. Looking down at the time in the corner of my desktop, I see that it's almost nine. Mila's beginning to stir on the couch but I leave her be.