Chapter Four

Adrian Winters

When the bell rang I walked out of my final class of what was only a half day, since the school year always started with one.

Walking through the hallway I was soon joined by everyone else as we made our way out of the school at our own pace.

"We have to do this experiment in a week with rust and I swear im going to end up with tetnis" Hunter says.

"Don't pair with Riley then he'll be the reason you get it" I muse.

"It's the first day can you pick another day to pick on me" Riley exasperates.

"No" Hunter says, and I can hear Riley groan.

Pushing open the door of the school, we all walk out towards the parking lot.

The sun glare was blinding to the point I couldn't see all that well.

"Why is it so fucking bright" Riley groans.

"Ava has he not gotten his good morning kiss?" Hunter asks looking back at his friend who is covering his eyes.

"No he was too worried getting out the door" Ava says as Riley unlocks his car.

"Wow, how does it feel to be exposed by your own girlfriend?" Mia asks.

"Betrayed" Riley says.

"Can you stop complaining" I assert calmly, as I unlock my car.

Getting in I start the vehicle as Olivia buckles her seat before I back out of the spot, and drive out of the parking lot.

We drove through Manhattan until we reached Obica which was pizza place and bar. I had been here a few times and liked it each time so I was hoping the groups would too.

Parking in front of the doors I got out of my car and locked it, before Olivia walked around the hood to me, and everyone else joined us, as Olivia and I entered.

"Hello, how many for a table?" a waitress asked.

"Eight please" I say taking off my sunglasses that I had put on during the car ride.

"Right this way" she says counting out the menu's and walking away towards one of the open booths.

As everyone slid in me being the last one, since I wanted to take off my blazer.

"What could I start you all off with?".

"Three iced tea's, a Coke Cola, lime water, two lemonade's one peach one mango, and a non alcoholic White Russian" I say knowing everyone here well enough to already know what will be asked for.

"I will be right back with those" the waitress says with a smile before she walks away.

"So exactly how detailed are our files?" Hunter asks jokingly.

"Shut up" I say disregarding my menu.

"He just pays attention more then he speaks" Nico points out, "you know that Hunter".

"Thank you Nico".

"So how was everyone's day?" Kate asks looking around the table.

"Good, though second block Ava ended up dropping her phone and it cracked" Mia says gesturing to Ava's phone which did have a partially cracked screen.

"I'm going to get the screen replaced after this so Riley will have to drop me off at Apple".

"I did that a few years ago, and while trying to take a picture it fell into one of my friends in LA's pool, whole thing was fried all I got was the SD card" Kate says.