Chapter Forty Seven

When it finally got to lunch I sat in the secret room in the library, working on a project for my last block.

I had been coming here often for the last few days to work through whatever information each of my bodyguards were finding.

Today had been one of those which was the cause to me setting aside something to work on later, because safety is equally as important as my work just the safety of others will always go first.

When I finished the powerpoint I shut the laptop, after putting it into my teachers dropbox.

"Adrian you've been working all day" Olivia says having found where I was though it's not like I hid purposefully.

"I'm done now though, until my final block" I say tilting my head back so I could look up at her since she was behind the couch with her hands on my shoulders, gently massaging them.

"You're so tense" she remarks, and I will admit I can even tell that I am.

"Well you're helping my shoulders to not be" I admit with a short laugh.

"So how are the tracking updates going?".

"They've already collected a full double sided sheet for each person. So give it a month and I'll probably have a folder".

"Always chasing understanding" Olivia muses walking around to sit next to me.

"Exactly, how else do you expect me to be on top unless I know who I'm dealing with".

"Sit down and have a conversation with them" she suggests.

"That's not how business works you build a reputation, and get attention of others in the industry before potentially working together" I say.

"I mean you bought out what was it again a hundred forty billion in oil assets".

"At the time it was a hundred billion, but yes by the time I get rid of it all it'll be worth around that".

"And I though a million was a lot, I can't imagine over a hundred billion".

"Trust me it's not a lot of money, Winter's group has a market cap of two point eight trillion".

"Excuse me what?" Olivia says surprise filling her voice.

"I said that too, it's an absolute fuck ton of money" I say, "but I don't want to talk about money, what do you want to do, it can be anything".

"I want to go home to the Hamptons".

"Home, are you accepting it as your house".

"I all but live with you full time, I might as well besides most of my clothes, and all my cars are there".

"You've been living with me for over two months" I point out, "and if I remember correctly you spent almost half of every week with me since we've met".

"I did say that, and we do".

"I'm aware, also alright, I guess we have a long drive ahead of us".

"An hour probably" Olivia smiles as I stand, and pick up my laptop, before heading for then entrance of the room.

"We both drive rear wheel drive cars, and I have to take mine back to my penthouse" I say.

"I can go get the rest of today's work and then meet back up with you on the freeway towards Southampton" she says.

"Okay that would work" I agree with a nod before making my way out and towards the exit of the library.

As we both exited the library we went our separate ways, and I went off to the parking lot so that I could race home then to the highway.

Crossing the snowy expanse of grass, I got to my car and lifted the door before starting the engine.

I then pulled the door shut, and made my way out of the Thornbrook parking lot, towards my penthouse.

When I got there I parked the car in it's spot, and went up to my floor to retrieve the key to my 488 GTB.

The doors soon opened, and I was carried up to my penthouse before three minutes later the doors opened, and I walked over to my key drawer taking the key to my car.

Once I was finally in my Ferrari, and back onto the New York roads I sped off to meet with Olivia which wasn't hard since she did the speed limit, unless it was with the rest of the group because everyone else would speed match me for the most part.

Spotting her white car, I put my own into race mode, and pulled out to pass before upshifting to help the vehicle smoothly accelerate past the two in front of me before coming level with Olivia who was shaking her head at me with a smirk on her face.

I quickly pulled into the correct lane, and slowed to a reasonable speed before letting the many miles of road lull me into a relaxed state.

One of the many good things about living so far out of NYC.

Exactly an hour later Olivia and I pulled into the driveway before parking.

I then got out of my car, and was thankful for the slight slant of my garage that would allow snow once melted to drain, and not leave water spots on each of my cars.

As I got to the door I found Olivia had let herself in, and was actually in the living room with her work by the time I took off my shoes.

Watching her I began to wonder something about why she worked so hard to get such high marks outside of needing a good GPA.

"Bellissima, what grade percent do you need to keep your scholarship?" I ask filling two glasses with water and carrying them into the living room so that we could have something to drink while doing our work.

"Eight-four why do you ask?" she replies without her eyes leaving the page she was focusing on.

"Just curious" I admit, as begin to gleam a clear set of ideas to cover when presenting my project tomorrow.

"When are Polo tryouts since I know you will want to play again this year?" Olivia asks looking up at me.

"March before Spring Break which is the Grad Trip to Miami" I say.

"There's a trip to Miami?" Olivia says.

"Yes, last year it was Seattle, it's always major cities" I say.

"When that happens can we go?".

"Whoever signs up and pays the two grand fee gets to yes" I confirm, "which isn't a issue for either of us".

"No, no it isn't" Olivia says before she looked back down at her work and continued to work through it.

So there are two things left to look forward too, comment, vote, and share I appreciate the support. Anyways

Peace✌