Chapter Sixty Nine

Olivia Thorne

Today was a special day, as today would mark the end of Senior year that also meant another party tonight though it was at Savannah's house, and I also know that in the past week Adrian's detectives and guards uncovered the identities of who was behind the threat to us, but refused to tell me who as I'd find out tonight.

Right now however me and him sat in Central Park, we had done our exams already same as the rest of the group so now we all were in the park for a picnic something that Ava had suggested with the girls support, then later I spent and hour convincing Adrian to come so as a result he made the boys come as well.

Around us was an empty field since everyone was still at school, and One57 was so close which meant we brought one of the square blankets a blue one which did surprise me since Adrian isn't a person who likes colour. His clothing choice is an obvious representation of that but I also can't judge him when I think he looks attractive as hell wearing it.

Leaning back against a tree with me against his chest one arm around my waist while I held his hand, and his spare one holding Far From The Maddening Crowd which he had been reading to me on request.

"...Do you now?, Yes, Which?, How do you mean which?, Do you like me, or do you respect me, I don't know- at least, I cannot tell you" Adrian reads out right before he's interrupted by a laugh.

"You really must have him whipped Olivia" Hunter remarks.

"Hunter I will bankrupt you and they will write an article about how the heir to Winters Group took over the Ambrose Business Empire" Adrian mutters.

"Hunter you should back down now" Nico muses walking over holding a wood stripweave picnic basket.

"He won't know how" Mia quips and Hunter looks at her with a shocked expression.

"She's a Harrington you should've expected that" I laugh.

"All of you are fucking demons" Hunter says sitting down next to Mia.

"He's the king of them" Riley says having brought a bottle of wine sitting in a ice bucket.

"You're going to be suffering with me" Hunter says.

And here they go.

"Let's not be at each other's throats for one day please, or I will ensure you that both of you will suffer in hell".

"We're friends with you are we not" Hunter says.

"You're going to be dead if you continue that statement" Kate warns.

"Everyone sit and let's enjoy this last day before summer" I say partially feeling like I had to mother all of them because of how easily they would start to bicker.

"Little devil" Riley coughs and we all look at him though for once Adrian smirked at the comment.

"Remember our bet of them ruling New York" Hunter says.

"I don't want to rule New York I just want to be with him" I say and I'm sure both Adrian and I could hear the soft aww's come from Riley, Ava, and Mia, while Kate just smirked, which I had come to learn was sort of like the Winters Family trademark.

Hunter then took the bottle of wine and pulled the cork out.

"It's non alcoholic I promise" Hunter says.

"It says Chardonnay" Nico points out gesturing to the label.

"I'm not drinking" Adrian says opening the basket lid and taking one of the chocolate pecan cookies.

"Champagne and cookies that's good enough for me" Ava says reaching into the basket, same as Riley who muttered in agreement.

As we all sat eating the cookies, and drinking with the exception to Adrian and I who sat reading from the same book.