Chapter Fifty Six

Olivia Thorne

When we left the restaurant it was nearly twelve o'clock at night.

Neither of us were particularly tired something that was evident by how we still remained laughing and like we were still fully awake.

As we walked back to the car hand in hand I looked over at Adrian to see him actually smiling, instead of just smirking.

Don't get me wrong I do like it when he smirks but to see him smile is an oddity so I enjoy it much more every chance I get to see it.

Adrian then unlocked the car and had to let go of my hand to get into the car and start it.

Getting in on the passenger side I pull the door shut and buckled my seat before he pulled the Bentley out of the parking spot.

"So, since the rest of the night is up to you were do you want to go?" he asks turning out of the parking lot.

"The beach" I say looking over at him.

"Alright then we have a bit of a drive to get there".

"That's perfectly fine by me".

I then rest my head against his shoulder, as he drives us through Miami towards the beach, passing blocks of houses in residential area's, tall hotels, and various other people enjoying the Miami night life at clubs and bars.

It was weird in a way a city became busier at night then less, though New York was just constantly busy making it fair to call it the city that never sleeps.

When we did get to the beach Adrian parked the car, and let us both get out before leading me down to onto the white sand.

As we walked I eventually took notice of how windy it was as it blew through my hair, along with Adrian's usually neat hairdo, I was also cold but I wasn't freezing though none the less as we walked a coat eventually ended up around me and I looked at it realizing Adrian had wrapped me in his own jacket so that I could stay warm.

"Thank you" I say softly and he just smiles down at me.

"You're welcome my little ice cube".

"I am not little compared to most people".

"Last I checked I wasn't most people" he muses, and I just roll my eyes.

"No you're a black tower with legs of course not" I quip and he shakes his head.

"You just acknowledged you're small" Adrian smirks in a way that makes me glare at him and relent knowing that teasing one another he will win most times.

"You're so annoying" I mutter.

"And yet you love me" he says.

"I'm almost sure you teasing my is like your way of showing endearment" I say looking up at him.

"I do it because you always give me a reaction just like how if I compliment you, you turn the colour of a cherry".

"So you manipulate me" I suggest now just to see what he says next, I know he doesn't actually manipulate me.

"You tease me back in case you forgot, and you once told me that neuro chemicals such as oxytocin, and serotonin are released when complimented or when we kiss".

"I said that after I saw you smile for the first time".

"Yeah and you said I'd turn into a raisin if I acted bitter for too long" Adrian muses as he sits down in the sand, and I stifle laughter remembering that I did actually say that to him.

"That's because you should be happy Adrian, and laugh and smile" I say joining him.

"Then don't ever leave me" I hear him say and when I look at him if I knew any better I would have thought I was hearing things but I can tell he did actually say that his eyes reveal things when he chooses to let them.

He's being vulnerable.

"Trust me I won't, I don't want to" I say and he looks directly at me.

"I don't want you too either, you've been my world for too long" he says leaning forward into his bent legs hugging them slightly.

"I've only been beside you for a year and a half" I say softly.

"That's long enough for me to know how important you are to me" Adrian says looking at me, and I just push his hair off his face before resting my head against his.

"I love you Adrian, you can say you know but I'm almost sure that our first relationships weren't the best for either of us. So actually having someone who loves me is new for me too".

"To bad I might make it the last for both of us, and rid every other guy from the chance of dating you".

"Well we've both made sure no one else is actually getting each other besides us, between your glares, and my jealousy".

"Did I just hear that right. Olivia Thorne was jealous" Adrian remarks feigning shock.

"I came to a school where the guy I liked was talked about by everyone, I didn't feel like I compared".

"You always stood out to me you just interested me from the moment I saw you in that field, we've talked about this, eventually we would have ended up together whether it was in Junior year or when we're both adults".

"How would that have gone".

"I don't know but I think everything happened how it was supposed to bellissima" he says before letting out a soft sigh, "I was supposed to fall in love with the pretty brunette Brooklyn girl who I've ran into my whole life".

"That does seem to be how we met, and actually introduced ourselves to one another" I agree.

"I'd do it all over again if I had to, Demetri didn't fight for you he wanted you because he's an abusive fucking waste of space, and you had to live like that along with the aftermath for too long. I wondered why you looked so scared when Sebastian neared you then it all made sense" Adrian says, "you were reminded of him when Maravich tried that shit".

"You were no different, a toxic relationship that crumbled and was followed by people wanting to be near you for money, that was all you had besides the boys who you didn't let in out of grief up until a little under a year ago".

"I'm secretive it's just the way it is, but you will always be the person to know me best, you always have and always will be, I never want secrets between us not after this past summer" Adrian says turning to look into my eyes.

"A secretive person saying no more secrets" I smile.

"Why would I need to have secrets when you are my other half, I have nothing to hide from you Olivia, you've been nothing but honest with my why should I rid you of reciprocating that from me" he smirks.

"You have been when you were ready to tell them".

"It's not just that, I'm not dumb I know that you feared guys being anywhere near you because of Demetri, since meeting you I've wanted nothing but to become better not just for myself but for you, I left behind my life of criminal acts, partying, I surrendered my secrets to the only other person who I thought would understand. Since the day you came to Thornbrook I've done nothing but change to be the best possible person I can be, but also to be the best man for you, it's all I've wanted was to spend every moment I can making you happy and treating you the way you should have always been".

"You already do Adrian".

"Then I guess I just have to keep doing what I am" he says pulling me into his lap before wrapping his arms around me.

"Then I guess you will" I say quietly and I can see him smile.

"I love you Livi".

"I love you too Adrian".

And I know I mean it, this isn't a fairytale, there will always be ups and downs on me and Adrian's journey through life but I know that as long as we have each other everything will be alright.

Next chapter they go back to New York also I don't know how much longer this book will be but I guess we will find out, leave comments I'll read them, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌