Chapter Seven

Olivia Thorne

Two and a half hours later the bell rang signalling that we all could go have lunch.

The class began to pack up, and Adrian all but vanished out the door ten minutes before class ended which means he probably wanted to just have time to be alone something which he seems to enjoy a lot.

Walking out of Biology, I began to make my way to the cafeteria which is where the boys will have dragged Adrian to stay at school instead of vanishing off property.

As I got to the main hallway I walked through the halls and for some reason like Adrian they all separated to let me get through. Then it occurred to me that they only moved because if anything happened to me Adrian would probably tear the entire school apart to find out what happened.

Walking down one level to the cafeteria I quickly found my way to the frosted glass doors and pushed them open before instinctively walking past all the tables to the one that sat in the corner by a window where everyone was seated, well everyone but Adrian.

"Hi little olive" Riley greets smiling warmly as he always does.

"Hey Riley, where's Adrian?" I ask looking around the room and not seeing the tall black spec anywhere.

"Pool, he took the work for the next two periods and went there" Nico says looking up from the book beside his plate.

"Thank you, also talk to Kate that book will have the same words no matter what time of day you open it" I muse walking backwards away from the table before turning and walking to the entrance.

As I began to navigate through the school that now was less crowded as three quarters was in the cafeteria I began to make my way to the south side of the school where the pool was.

Nearly five minutes later I pushed open the heavy door to the Olympic style pool with raised bleachers on a separate level with the change rooms being in a half level basement.

In the tenth lane was Adrian swimming just as fast as most people do with flippers. How he was capable of moving like a torpedo underwater was beyond me though he could also hold his breath for six minutes so at some point my shock will be gone.

When he eventually surfaced at the other side of the pool he pulled himself out and walked to the bench where his towel sat neatly folded.

"Why did you take all the work for the end of today and just come here?" I ask attempting to not take in his oddly defined physique.

"Water is calming to me, and I wanted to not have a lot going on today so I chose to come here" he says drying his hair, and walking slowly along the edge of the pool.

"If you were anyone else I wouldn't believe you" I say.

"But since it is me, you can believe what I said" he muses turning to walk along the side that passed the changing rooms.

"So what even is your plan for the rest of the day".

"Go back to my penthouse" Adrian says walking down the stairs but I stop because I don't know if anyone else is down there.

Realizing that I've stopped and knowing the reason probably because I've spent almost everyday with him for a year.

"If anyone is in the changing room get your shit and get the fuck out" Adrian calls into the room with a smirk on his face when no one leaves he gestures for me to follow before striding into the room himself.

In the corner of the room sat Adrian's all black attire which he began to change into.

"Would I be allowed to come with you?" I ask, and he just looks back at me with a sly smile on his lips.