Chapter Twenty Nine

It's been over a month since me and Olivia went to Waccabuc. I had also been heavily focused on uncovering ways to show that Monica was the one blackmailing me, the proof for extortion was already with my lawyers.

Also the aftermath of Olivia's birthday our friends found out about my gift to Olivia and had been teasing us every chance we had provided until I threatened to send all of them to work on one of Winters Group's off shore mining rigs.

Now I stood in the Hamptons where it was currently gently covering everything with the first snowfall that would likely be turned to slush by tomorrow morning either through it just being warm enough or it'll rain.

Walking into my bedroom living room I picked up the cup of earl grey tea I had made, and the James Patterson novel I was nearly finished.

After a while I see the gates open and Aria's LFA pulls up the driveway leaving tire marks.

That's odd she didn't tell me she was coming.

Closing my now finished book which was the only reason I looked up in the first place I slide it back onto the shelf and make my way down to the front door.

Pulling open the door I noticed how tear stained Aria's face was and simply opened my arms to give her a comforting hug which she accepted.

"What happened?" I ask softly as I use my foot to close the door.

"My parents divorce has been settled, but my dad wants custody of me, and he literally has the best lawyers on the West Coast that he could find".

"What is the name of the firm?".

"Henderson Law I believe".

"I can help you if you want" I say letting go of her and walking into my kitchen.

"How?".

"Two things, Henderson is third best above him is Niles Law which is owned by Riley's parents and above them is Wade Law Group which is owned by WGI, I can have my personal lawyers take the case if that will make you feel any better" I say getting Aria a glass of peppermint hot chocolate which was her favourite drink, along with the box of gingersnaps I baked a week ago with Olivia's help.

"You'd do that for me?".

"I'd do a lot for the people I care about Arianna" I say setting the mug and cookies down on the table before taking the grey Sherpa blanket off the back of the couch and wrapping it around Aria.

"Thank you" she says giving me a small smile.

"You're welcome also I can have my lawyers on it by tomorrow morning your mom would just have to call in to tell them" I say sitting down beside her.

"I'm sure she can do that" Aria says.

"I will make sure the firm knows that this is an important case" I reassure before taking one of the cookies and begin to eat it.

We then just sat there in the silence while Aria drank her hot chocolate and ate gingersnaps.

At some point she fell asleep, and I just let her rest on the couch while I cleaned everything up, along with put on my alarm, before carrying her upstairs to the second master bedroom which in itself was massive despite being a third of my bedroom it was the size of most master bedrooms.

I then pulled the blanket over her and went to my room to shower.

Today was definitely a day for a longer shower after everything I managed today, during my clean up I had received a message stating that they found proof, and had a warrant to conduct a raid on Monica's family townhouse in Midtown, so that would likely happen tomorrow.

I wasn't blinded to the world of business and what some had done to gain success. Monica's family was part of a money laundering scheme, and an illegally funded hedge fund, along with being behind a total of seven oil rigs around the world that were unlicensed. But in the end when you end up being worth a hundred thirty billion dollars no one says shit.

Guess this will end up being another time I end up in court just on the opposite side of the hall.

When I got out twenty minutes later I dried off, and walked over to my bed before climbing under the sheets and lying in the middle of the massive bed.

I then took my phone off of it's wireless charger and messaged Olivia.

Bellissima

Hi Livi
Read 10:02

Hey Adrian
Recieved 10:03

Tomorrow Monica will be exposed
Read 10:04

What do you mean?
Recieved 10:05

Her family's penthouse is being raided tomorrow morning
Read 10:06

Wait actually?
Recieved 10:07

By the time we're in class their house will be filled and surrounded by FBI and S.W.A.T
Read 10:08

They found incriminating evidence?
Recieved 10:09

Yes they have enough to get a warrant
Read 10:10

So we're going to improvise I assume
Recieved 10:11

Yes we are but in the end I hope Monica looks shocked
Read 10:12

Sounds easy enough
Recieved 10:13

Well besides that how was you're afternoon?
Read 10:14

Good me and the girls went to an ice rink
Recieved 10:15

I finished my novel and got the news tonight so now I'm lying in our bed and realizing it's fucking huge
Read 10:16

Ha, now you see it
Recieved 10:17

Leave me be, also it's late go to sleep
Read 10:18

Only if you do too
Recieved 10:19

Alright, good night bellissima, I love you
Read 10:20

I love you too sleep well
Recieved 10:21

I will
Sent 10:22

I then put my phone back on its charger and rolled onto my back staring at the ceiling with its wooden framed checker pattern, that had curvy swirled designs in each of them, until I felt my eyelids get heavy, and sleep took over my consciousness.

So next chapter I sort of have a plan for so we'll see I guess, comment your thoughts, also vote and share, I appreciate all the support you all give these stories. Anyways

Peace✌