Chapter Twenty Eight

A week later I stood in my room looking over my casual outfit in the mirror.

This was also the nice thing about the Hamptons I had every possible combination of clothing I could find.

I had on black jeans and a turtleneck shirt, along with a leather biker jacket.

Walking out of my bedroom, I head downstairs to get the key for my 488 Pista and walk out the door to the garage.

Reaching the bottom of the ramp, I unlock my selected Ferrari, though honestly I should take my 812 out at some point this month.

I then pull open the door, and slide into the car before starting it's engine, and pulling away towards the exit.

As I drove towards Brooklyn, I could feel the nervousness in my chest hoping that Olivia would like the gift I got for her and two that I had planned a trip to Waccabuc in the aftermath of me telling her.

The drove also took longer mostly because I actually did the speed limit but that's irrelevant.

Pulling up to the townhouse where the typical two white cars were parked while Olivia's Aston Martin was sitting in the guesthouse garage at my house.

I then push open the door and walk up the steps before knocking twice.

When the door opened I was greeted by Olivia dressed in a light grey off one shoulder thigh length dress with her hair curled, and knee length suede boots.

"Boungiorno bellissima".

"Hi Adrian" she says giving me a soft smile.

"You look stunning" I comment returning the smile before she blushes and glances down before looking up at me.

"Thank you".

"You're welcome, now you should get in the car it's a little cold".

I then watch as Olivia walks down the steps to the car before I turn to see Faith watching us.

"Adrian can I talk to you for a moment?" she asks.

"Yeah sure" I reply taking a step into the house.

"I want to thank you for everything you've done to make Olivia smile, It's obvious how much you both mean to one another, and I honestly can see how happy and safe you make her feel".

"It wasn't always like that" I muse, "there was a time she was afraid of me and I didn't like that she could make my true self come out along with things most people ran away from, but she stuck by me, so I can say it's gone both ways".

"Well whatever it is that brought you two together I'm glad it happened".

I am too I just wish it didn't include so much pain.

"I would think she'd say the same, I also should go" I say.

"Have fun, also enjoy your weekend together" Faith says.

"We will" I reassure before walking down the steps to the car and got in.

"What did my mom say?" Olivia asks.

"That she's glad I'm in your life, and to have fun this weekend" I reply starting the car, and pulling away to begin the drive towards Ava's family home with music blasting while we lip sync the words the entire way there.

As we pulled up the driveway I purposely speed up to where everyone else parked and got out of the car.

"Adrian what'd you pull up at ninety?" Nico implored.

"Around that yes" I say pocketing my key, and walking to the front door.

Ava's family had a really nice house with dark wooden flooring, and white walls, there were also several traditional French elements to the home, which actually reminded me partially of my parents penthouse.