Chapter Eleven

Pulling out of my penthouse garage, I was greeted by the hustle and bustle of the city that never slept, and god only knows how true that statement was especially at eight in the morning, because I'd argue the whole population of eight point eight million people were going somewhere right now, Wall Street would be up and running in an hours time, and most people would be at work while everyone at Thornbrook would be getting into their first class of the day.

When I got to the school I pulled into the lot, and over to my spot beside the groups vehicles.

As I finished parking Olivia pulled up beside me, and got out.

"The fact your doors go up isn't fair, I always feel like I'll end up scratching the vehicle next to mine" Olivia says locking her car and shutting the door.

"No one but me usually parks next to you, and everyone has that fear Olivia I can promise you that".

"Yes but I don't want to pay someone else's repair bill".

"I can tell you right now no one would say shit, to ninety percent of these pretentious and spoiled rich kids a paint repair bill is like chump change" I say pocketing my keys.

"That's reassuring" Olivia says before the group reaches us.

"Its been two days and I already am regretting taking Pre Calc" Riley groans, and I simply smirk.

"Most kids will trust me the only reason I passed that class was because Nico's been helping me understand math since I was ten" I admit.

"That makes sense how Nico's the genius of the group" Olivia says.

"And I have to keep the idiots in line at all times of the day" I muse walking up the steps of the school and through the glass doors.

"Adrian where were you last night, Olivia was about to get me to track your phone, but you have a decrypted firewall" Nico says.

"Aria's she and her mother came to New York last night, I had a few drinks with her, and ended up staying the night. I also forgot to tell Olivia where I was and that I was fine" I say taking off the blazer as I begin to rise one of the four sets of stairs in Thornbrook.

"You scared me to death".

"And I've apologized, also if you were dead I would have nearly fuck all to live for" I breath walking towards the cafeteria.

"That's cryptic, and oddly sweet" Ava says.

"He does that" Olivia replies as we all walk into the cafeteria to be hit by the smell of food being made, though within an hour it would all be put away.

"What can I get for you?" Jeseff the French chef that works for Thornbrook and makes sure everything we have is freshly made though it was expensive, asks.

"Six cinnamon maple pancakes please" I say setting down the money for it, and walking away to the waiting area.

I then watched as everyone else got their food before walking away towards our table, and sat down in a place where I could look out the massive window at the polo field outside.

"Here's your coffee because I can bet you haven't had any today" Olivia says sliding the mug across the table to me which I stop, and lift to my lips.

"I haven't so I appreciate the considerate thought" I say.

"So if Aria is here in New York, I would assume she'll come to Thornbrook" Hunter says.

"Sounds convenient" Nico mutters.

"My thought too" Kate says, and I smirk.

"I think you're all disregarding the fact that Aria came her with her mom to get away from her father. Savannah there's more going on there, and I would like to know exactly what that would fucking be" I muse.

"Exactly how far away does Sav live?" Mia ask

"My file on her says seven miles out towards the rest of New York State" I say.

"Wait hold on your file" Ava muses.

"I had one made on her" I admit, "and I actually don't know the exact distance away but I could probably find out an exact address".

"I doubt you'll have to wait long" Nico says gesturing with his eyes to the approaching figure of Savannah.

Today's outfit consisted of black slightly sheer leggings, a red skirt that went to just beyond mid thigh, and a black top with a red tartan plaid scarf.

Nothing's changed her style sense is still unscathed.

"Hello Adrian I was curious if I could talk to you".

Looking up from my phone that I had pulled out after hearing Sav had entered the room I glance at her and it was mostly my coffee free, hate of everyone that was what met Sav's smiling face.

"Make sure no one takes my breakfast" I warn, before standing and following Sav out of the cafeteria, through the hall.

Feeling the urge to find out what Sav could possibly want I look down at her face, but I couldn't gleam anything from her facial expression.

"You have a very intense look, I could practically feel you trying to burn a hole into my skin".

That would be unfortunate.

"You wanted something what was it".

"On the weekend I am having a small party to begin the final year here at Thornbrook, the usual will be there, I just thought I'd invite you myself".

"I would hope I'm not the only one receiving an invite a two person party isn't the most exciting".

"Of course not everyone is welcome, but a personal request to come is more meaningful" Sav says, "and your always hiding from everyone, and I would really like for you to come".

"Fine, I'll come" I say, but before I could continue Sav lets out an excited squeal before hugging me quickly before letting go of my ridged stature.

"Sorry" she says pushing part of her blonde hair off her face.

"It's alright, but I will only come if you can get me a bottle of Macallan Master Decanters number six" I finish.

"I can do that" Sav says with a smirk, something that had once been one of my favourite things about the blonde girl in front of me.

She then walked away drawing attention from several of the students in the halls, including some of the freshman, who had likely heard of the heiress to Lovell Pharmaceuticals.

Letting out an amused breath I walk back to the cafeteria where everyone sat awaiting me to explain what Sav had wanted to talk to me about.

"We're going to a party on the weekend, Sav will likely tell me the information by the end of the day" I say sitting back down in front of my breakfast.

"So you are taking our advice" Hunter says with a sly smirk, and I glare at him icily.

"It's the most logical but don't let it get to your head" I say beginning to cut out the first bite of my food, "besides we are the heirs of New York's most powerful business empires, and I intend to remind everyone who attends this school where they stand".

"There's the Adrian Winters we all know, the Devil King of Thornbrook" Riley remarks with amusement lining his words.

"That would make you lot my fellow devils" I point out.

"It would explain why no one touches you all" Kate says.

"No one touches us because Adrian terrifies everyone, and wealth, and confidence emanate power. Something we all have" Nico says closing his copy of Citizen.

"That is true people don't stand within five feet of Adrian at all times except us" Olivia laughs.

"Probably because who ever got that close would die" Hunter jokes.

"Ambrose" I warn glaring at him again but this time being intense enough to make him shiver.

"Shutting up", and I see everyone suppress laughter, as we all eat breakfast together.

The next chapter will be the party so I hope you all will enjoy it, also comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌