Chapter Nine

Adrian Winters

Several hours later I sat on the edge of my bed. Olivia slept peacefully, unlike me who had promised to reply to Arianna.

I also wouldn't be sleeping any time soon so i might as well be productive.

Walking into the bathroom and showering quickly before pulling on a black dress shirt, pants, shoes, and diamond stitched fleece jacket, along with walking over to my nightstand for my phone.

Slipping out of the bedroom I quietly make my way downstairs and dialled Aria.

To those who didn't know her she was the usually bubbly daughter of the supermodel Jennifer Verille; and on a personal level, the person I've know since I could walk.

The phone rang a few times before her voice came through.

"Adrian" she says sounding happy and slightly fatigued.

"Aria" I reply walking to the massive wall window, that was being sprinkled by rain.

"How have you been I remember Sav mentioning she was going back to New York, hows that going?" she asks.

"I've been good, also its gone well I guess, what about you you don't often get me to call you unless somethings going on" I say.

"I'm good, also yes I need you to come get me from JFK, I just got to New York".

"Does your mom have a show going on because if so I've heard nothing about it" I say.

"No silly I'm in New York for good I'm moving here with my mom".

Just her mom, I wonder why?

"Alright I'm on my way" I reply walking towards the entryway.

"Okay see you soon".

"See you soon", and with that I end the call and pick the key for my Bentley Continental GT S.

Getting into the elevator I was carried down to the garage, before walking to the black car and getting in.

The drive through New York wasn't actually that busy unlike what it's like at eight in the morning and five PM.

When I finally arrived at JFK International I found a parking spot in the waiting area and got out of the car before locking it.

I know you're not supposed to park your car in the pick up area under threat of having it towed, but I also know that I have a while.

Walking through the hallways of the Airport and quickly finding out where the LA gate was curtesy from the signs everywhere, because honestly I'd be lost if they didn't exist.

Waiting at the gate I watched as Aria followed by her mom walked out of the gate, dressed for the weather outside which was windy as hell.

"Arianna" I smile at my dirty blonde haired friend.

"Adri" she replies, and I shake my head at the play on my name.

As she got to me she greeted me with a hug that I returned, she was my closest friend after all and now she was in NYC where I would probably see her everyday.

"How was the flight?" I ask.

"Good, we were some of the few people in First" Aria says as I take her luggage and walk away towards the airport entrance.

"So where am I taking you both".

"I will be staying at the Penthouse in Tribeca we own so I'm being driven by our driver, Aria asked for separate housing closer to school so she got her own townhouse in Greenwich Village" Jennifer says.