Chapter Thirty Eight

Later that night when I finally could leave London back to Nottinghamshire I headed to a florist to get Olivia a bunch of flowers since I couldn't spend half of the day with her on our one year anniversary.

Yes it's the twenty third of December the day when I should have spent all day with Olivia and I didn't.

Getting two dozen red roses, I asked for a card and walked back to my car before sitting writing out the card and hoping this will at least make it so I don't have to sleep on the couch tonight for the first time.

Olivia I want to tell you this as simply as I can so here goes. Since the day you arrived in my life you have been the light at the end of the tunnel, I honestly thought no one would see outside of the jaded image I had, then you showed me how wrong I was to think like that, every moment being with you will never be long enough it almost seems odd that a year has passed and I can't wait for the rest to follow. I asked myself once why life decided to give me you and I know now because you are who I was supposed to be with the person who would soften the bitter cold heart that beat in my chest, taking it to never have me ask for it back, because I don't you can have my heart and love at any time of day no matter where we are, whether its in London, Paris, Monaco, LA, the Hamptons, Brooklyn, Manhattan or even a few inches apart it will only belong to you. Happy One Year bellissima. I love you

-Adrian-

When I got home I pulled into the garage, and parked before walking to the front door with the flowers and card.

Stepping inside I looked around and made my way into the kitchen before setting the flowers down before getting a vase, and trimming the roses so that they could get the appropriate amount of water and sucrose.

"Hey look you came home" Olivia says and I turn to see her.

"Yeah too late I'll admit" I breathe.

"Today was our one year and you spent all day working" Olivia muttered.

"Trust me I didn't want to go all the fucking way to London and then drive back" I say walking towards her but she crosses her arms and I stop knowing that she's upset about the fact I only got home at five PM.

"Look I will do whatever you want if this doesn't make you at least view me being gone for so long as a non bad thing" I say handing her the card.

Looking from me down to the card she opens it, and begins reading it. As she does I see the smile on her lips slowly take over until she reaches the bottom and closes the card I then watch her place it on the island, before turning to me and hugging my neck but because she's pulling down I lift her up.

"I'm sorry" she whispers.

"For what?" I ask slightly cofused.

For having a natural reaction.

"For being grumpy about you working all day".

"It's a human instinct, besides today is special" I say as she moves to stand back on her own two feet.

"Speaking of special I did get you something you got me flowers, and well, pretty much the same day a year ago, you bought me that Kelly II bag from Hermes so we're swapping rolls" Olivia says walking away into the living room, I then hear the doors to my office open and then the soft click of the magnet of my drawers being closed, before she emerges holding a black Hublot box.

"You bought me a watch" I smile taking the box from her and setting it on the counter.

"Yes, you had an extra spot for here so I thought I'd get you one to fill that space" Olivia says as I open the box, and a black leather strapped Hublot Aerofusion Chronograph made of titanium.

I liked it a lot, I did own a few of these but not this specific model.

"Do you like it?".

"It's perfect" I say not bothering to take it out of the box, before moving over to Olivia and tilting her head up so that I could kiss her. "thank you".

"You're welcome".

"Now I have a very important question for you" I say pulling her by her waist towards me.

"Yes" she says.

"Do you want to go for dinner in London".

"That's a two and a half hour drive".

"Not with me driving it isn't".

"Alright then the answer is yes, but can we go in something subtle" Olivia asks.

"Define subtle" I say with a small smirk.

"Like your Velar" she suggests.

"Alright, we'll take that, besides its better then taking anything else that far" I admit, "also I need a shower before we go".

I then see Olivia laugh lightly before I walk away to head upstairs.

Getting to the bedroom I walk into the bathroom before stripping my clothing and stepping inside the granite shower.

I would admit all my houses were similar in a way but all were different on a design aspect, though having so many houses having them be similar made life easier.

When I finished my shower I walked to the dark brown wooden closet and quickly decided to wear a black crew neck sweater, and jeans, with a navy blue blazer over top.

I then walked downstairs and saw the watch on the counter and internally smirked.

How fitting.

Taking the watch I fasten it to my wrist and correct my sleeve.

"Copying me?" I hear Olivia muse from behind me and I turn to see her in a A line strapless dress that matched the colour of my jacket.

This was also something that often happened, me and Olivia without telling eachother had for nearly every outfit we wore matched each other this was one of those times.

"I might have to start doing just that, you look flawless as usual".

"Smooth Winters" she blushes.

"I'm aware Miss Thorne" I reply with a smirk as I retrieve the key for my Range Rover Velar and walked out the door.

"I'll go get the car" I say to Olivia before walking away towards the garage which was on the side of the house since the home was a sort of mix of dark modern materials and expensive woods simply for the sake that the idea of a modern minimalist home doesn't appear to me as much in this setting, a house should feel as such so this was the result.

Getting into the garage I unlock the SUV and get inside before driving it up to the front steps of the house for Olivia to get in.

"Alright sit back relax, we have a hour forty five minute drive a head of us" I say before pulling around the motorcourt circle and heading away towards the gate to begin the drive back to London which was likely where we would stay for tonight.

So I have the rest of there winter holiday planned so I hope you enjoy it, leave comments, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌