Chapter Seventy Two

We had all been sitting outside of the room Aria was in for over an hour, I told everyone they could go home, but Olivia wanted to stay likely due to her understanding that behind my shell of darkness was someone who cared about everyone deeply, more so then I would care to admit.

Olivia had been asleep for an hour, her head resting in my lap while I instinctively began unbraiding her hair letting it rest on my lap in its natural waves.

Her breathing was steady and I could tell she was comfy. Without her I wouldn't have made it through the past few hours, I wouldn't be a different person then who I was when she met me, and that said something about her, no matter how bad my past was she accepted it, just the same as hers.

After a moment I saw a doctor walk into the room Aria was in before coming out after a moment.

"I assume you're Adrian Winters" the doctor says.

"Yes that would be me" I say. Normally I'd have stood but I wasn't one to make Olivia move when she was sleeping.

"She'll live, though she wants to talk to you" the doctor says clasping his clipboard.

"Thank you" I say.

When the doctor walked away, I felt Olivia shift and I glanced down to see her open her eyes.

"Who was that?" she asked while rubbing her eyes.

"The doctor" I reply.

"What did they say?".

"Said she'll live, and that Aria had wanted to talk to me".

"You should" Olivia says sitting up, "I'll go start the car so it's warm when you come out".

"Alright" I say standing and handing her the key.

Olivia then walked away as I entered Aria's room and it was like walking into cold air even though it was seventy degrees in this hospital at any time of the day.

Aria lie on the bed with an IV in her arm along with a pacemaker, heart monitor, and the patient band around her wrist.

"Arianna" I breathe walking over to the black chair beside the bed.

"Adrian" she says looking over at me.

"How are you feeling?" I ask leaning forward and rubbing my hands back and forth against one another.

"Tired, but it's good to know I'll live, though I have to stay here for the night, I'll be cleared in the morning".

"That's good, also I paid for your bill total, I won't make your mom have to pay on top of worry about you".

"Thank you" Aria says, and I let out a sigh.

"The doctor said you wanted to talk to me" I say.

"Yes I did, I wanted to thank you for helping me with my parents divorce and custody battle even though I could've just picked".

"It happens especially in the world of billionaires" I remark remembering that money was what had destroyed my own family tearing us apart only to come back together then be forever separated.

"Unfortunately yes it does, I'm sorry for worrying you by the way".

"You don't have to apologize Arianna" I assure.

"I also wanted to tell you something" she sighs and I can tell that it's important along with hard to say.

"It's you" she states avoiding my eyes, and I take a moment to think of what she means but I come up blank.

"What do you mean it's me?" I ask, and she glances up at me.

"The person who I fell for is you, Adrian Winters" she says looking back down, "it's foolish to think something like that I know" Aria laughs.

"Not at all, none of us have control over who we fall in love with" I say, "trust me I get it I didn't like falling in love with Olivia when it happened only because the first time was the equivalent of a golden dumpster fire wrapped in money".

Aria laughs again and a smile comes out of it.

"Aria there is also different types of love, I know damn well that without Olivia I'd be a complete fucking mess, like a full blown disaster, I can't function without her, and it's the reality of it. But at the same time I hold a love for you just more as a friend, I will always be here for you, as your oldest friend. I just won't be the person you spend your life with" I say leaning on the end of the bed. "But one day you will find the person you are supposed to be with, and that's coming from the guy who thought love was bullshit and a fairytale for many years. One day someone comes along breaking whatever walls you think love should fit into, and you realize they're the one, so all I'll tell you is be patient and the right person will come along".

"How did you know though?" she asks.

"The day I met her something changed in me, no matter how hard I didn't want to open myself up again I found myself doing just that. Then I started to realize I held more then just adoration and interest in her. So I kissed her, that's when I knew, that one split second and I was trapped forever, I will be till the day I die" I say.

"So your body knew before you were aware of it".

"Yes, it's almost like an instinct, if you feel a connection to someone more then you do with other people chase it, and never let it go, and if it is the right person the same thing will happen for them".

"I hope you're right Adrian" Aria says.

"I know I am, if I wasn't I wouldn't be rebuilding my families empire with her by my side" I say walking to the door, "now get rest you'll need it".

"Yes, doctor Winters" she muses, and I smirk pulling open the door.

"Bye Aria" I say walking out of the room and heading down through the hospital to the parking lot where Olivia sat in the passenger seat of the Range Rover.

Getting to the car I got inside, and buckled my seat.

"Time to go home" I remark.

"I need sleep, and I think you do too" Olivia admits glancing over at me.

"Yes I do", and with that I put the car in drive and began making my way back towards my penthouse, in hopes of going to sleep.

Double update. Well damn, I actually sped wrote that one but I had the idea for it and knew what I wanted from it so that probably helped also, two more chapters left, I will probably be finished this book tomorrow so be ready for that then the Billionaire CEO will be published on Saturday and I can't wait for it. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌