Chapter Forty Three

Olivia Thorne

Waking up the following morning I attempt to stretch out but Adrian had made sure I couldn't exactly go very far since he was holding me.

Peering over my shoulder I looked at how peaceful he looked, and I wonder what it must have been like waking up with nightmares for months on end after becoming an orphan.

He wasn't exactly weak either and he overcame it along with being the parent figure for Kate until she moved away. Followed by his time in a gang, a period where I imagine he seemed like the depressed kid with too much money.

At least he's past all of that now.

Pushing his dark hair off his face which caused him to wake up and my wrist was held in his hand.

When he realized it was me he let go, and sighed a laugh.

"Good morning Olivia" he says.

"Good morning" I say as he scooted closer to me and rested his head against mine.

"I'm fucking tired, and don't want to move" he says and I laugh lightly at how he can be a baby at times. Though I was given warning by Kate when she called him a big teddy bear.

"And I'm sore" I say, and he glances up at me.

"What hurts" he asks, and I hold out my wrists.

"That was expected he says looking at the light red marks on them, "come on I'll fix it".

Adrian then gets out of bed and walks into the bathroom before coming out with a container that I couldn't see the label of.

"It's aloevera" Adrian says taking each of my wrists and placing a thin layer on each, before walking back to the bathroom and coming out once more with a roll of white bandage.

"You can take these off in ten minutes if you wish" he says expertly securing it.

"When did you learn to tie all these knots".

"The Diamond Angel isn't just a catamaran it can sail as well, so that's how".

"I thought it would be from being around your mom's hospitals as a kid".

"Wrapping a bandage doesn't involve knot tying, it involves precision and care, you should know that" he laughs.

"Shut up, I'm still not awake" I say.

"I'd like to see you make me" Adrian muses and I playfully glare at him.

"Fine come here" I grit racing after him as he moves around the bed the opposite direction of me until he stopped and turned trapping me against his chest.

"I think I've caught you" Adrian smirks.

"It appears that way" I say before hopping up and wrapping my arms and legs around his torso. "But now I've also caught you".

"That you have bellissima, that you have".

"Now what to do with you" I muse, though I'm well aware I am not the one in control here.

"Well, I need a shower so that's the first stop" Adrian muses walking into the bathroom and kicking the door shut.

He then sets me on the counter before letting go of me and getting fully undressed, before stepping into the shower before the water turned on, and I followed suit.

Standing next to him, I began to do my own thing before getting an idea and flicking soap foam at him.

Stifling laughter as it all landed in his recently rinsed hair, followed by him taking the shower head and getting it out of his hair before turning it on me causing me to splutter water.

"You looked like you could uses a rinse" he teases at my shocked look.

"I hate you" I mutter.

"You told me quite the opposite a few hours ago" Adrian quips shutting off the shower and stepping out to take his towel.

"That was a few hours ago" I point out and he smirks.

"So are you saying in those few hours you fell out of love with me".

"No, that's not what I'm saying. I-I" I scramble for words to reply with and none come only resulting in him smirking more as I wrap my own towel around my body.

"Lost for words?" he prys and I glare at him. "You're too cute to be intimidating".

Giving up on trying to get one up on Adrian, I walk out to get dressed in black leggings, and a slightly baggy cream turtleneck.

In typical Adrian style he was dressed in black jeans, ribbed turtleneck with a grey pea coat over his arm.

"Where are you going?" I ask noticing that he also had on his black Chelsea boots.

"Driving us back to the airport to head back to the Hamptons, you should at least see your mom during the Christmas holiday, besides I need to do something when we get home".

"When would we get home?".

"It would seem like a four hour time skip, so twelve".

"Oh wow that's not what I expected" I admit before Adrian unlocked our bedroom door and walked along the railing watching everyone sitting in the living room with various hot drinks their bags already set at the front door.

"Good morning" I say taking the last of the coffee while Adrian opted for a glass of water.

"Ready to head back to the Hamptons" Nico asks eyeing me and Adrian.

"I am, she's going to her house" Adrian says leaning against the counter.

"Need your solitude".

"Something like that yes".

To most people the comment would seem normal, but I knew that Nico had an idea of what Adrian was doing and that's the reason we were going home with six days left of winter break.

Though whatever it was I wouldn't interfere, and would give Adrian his space.

When we had all finished our drinks Adrian cleaned up the small mess we had created while the rest of us double checked that we had all our items.

"That appears to be everything" Ava says picking up her bag, and looking around as all the lights shut off.

"I would hope so I only come here once a year" Adrian says walking out the door and towards the line up of Mulsanne's that had been brought out to transport us to the airport.

Opening the back door of the nearest one to let me in I slid into the back followed by him while everyone else had their luggage put in the luxury sedans trunks.

After a moment the cars all pulled away and on the way to the airport Adrian and I both looked around at the scenery. He would always be more accustomed to it but in a way that was a good thing, because I got to enjoy it more to a certain capacity.

The drive was also relatively peaceful, as not many people were out and about driving around Aspen.

The airport was no different, Adrian's black and grey jet sat on the tarmac ready and waiting for us to board.

Stopping outside the stairs in a curve, we all got out and walked onto the plane to our usual customary seats, before waiting for the cue to get onto the runway and take off.

Sitting across from Adrian I watched him and my thought about him looking like he owned and controlled everything around him wasn't far off considering who he would be known as in eight months time.

When the jet began moving I noticed the security all driving away to return the vehicles to the house, as we rose off the ground into the sky to return to New York.

So why do you think Adrian wanted to return to NYC after only four days in Aspen comment below, also, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌