Chapter Five

As I pulled up to One57 with rain pouring down onto the streets, I parked in front of the building before locking the car and pretending to have to fix my shoe laces before hiding the fob in the back of the rim.

I then walked away and messaged Elijah the head of my personal security where I had left the key, and car.

Walking up the steps into the building I enter the central elevator and get up to my top floor penthouse.

As the elevator stopped on the top floor the doors opened and I walked into the ninetith floor luxury apartment.

As I walked across the grey marble flooring towards the two story wall window that gave a view of all of Central Park, I spotted the top of blonde hair on the couch.

"Savannah how the hell did you get into my fucking penthouse".

"I said that you were expecting me" Sav says getting off the black cloth couch and walking over to where I stood by the window.

"Your Ferrari is Russo Fuoco, and I didn't see it when I parked by the curb".

"I parked a block away, its hard as hell to get good parking in New York" Sav sighs.

"You just remember that" I muse turning to face her.

"A year abroad does that apparently" she says with a laugh, as she runs a hand through her blonde curly hair.

"Where did you go?" I ask looking down at her since she was nearly an entire foot shorter then me.

"I was in Italy, Sicily if I was to be specific" Sav says, "And now my family returned to New York".

"Really?" I muse knowing that Sav's parents would have to move Lovell Enterprises head office back to New York.

"They have been preparing to fly everything here" she says.

I hum acknowledgment before a better question occurs to me.

"Why are you here, in my home, and how did you find out where I live".

"Heavily secured building, black side garage, view over Central Park, most expensive penthouse in Manhattan, need I say more".

"No" I say taking into account how well spoken that answer was.

Though she always was careful with her words.

"I'm also here because I needed to start somewhere and why not have it be catching up" she says walking back to the vouch and sitting down.

"Alright then" I exhale, "I'm not beyond morals, would you like a drink?".

Because I sure as fuck need one.

"I have to drive home so maybe... a heavily diluted gin and tonic" she says and I walk into the kitchen before getting down the bottles I needed.

After making her drink and my own non-alcoholic whisky, I carry both into the living room where Sav sat elegantly.

"For you" I say handing her the drink and sitting down in the farthest chair from her with my left foot on my knee.

She made me nervous, not in the way Olivia did this was a complete one eighty and about another hundred miles from that, it was unnerving but years of practicing how to be unreadable by others made it easy to bury that feeling deep down.

"You wanted to catch up please begin" I say gesturing to her.

"What changed over the past year".

"I matured, I fell in love with the right person, I bought a new house as you can see, and I quit being taken advantage of by people, what about you?" I pried calmly letting the layer of displeasure at having her in my penthouse be completely unnoticable.

"I thought over things Adrian, a lot of things the things I did wrong and how to right all of them not just with you but with all of the boys".

"That's noble" I muse looking over her facial features.

"And I wanted to start with you since it was you who I did the worst" Sav says.

"You act like that wasn't obvious, Savannah, it's why I have a hard time accepting what you say, I don't let people in willingly, you have to earn my respect all over again it's how I am and how this will be, no more blind trust" I state flatly wanting to lay out how it would be from now onward.

"Okay then, I can do that and start from square one" she says considering the contents of her glass.

"You're past that, you're on square two because of intrusion" I say.

"What is Olivia like?" Sav asks bluntly.

At least it was direct.

"Kind hearted, honest, respectful, proud, strong willed, smart, cunning, beautiful. She has a way of bringing attention to her when she never wants it. It's humbling, more so then I am already" I reply.

"What about Aria Verille, I met her at the gala she was probably just as hostile as you".

"Long time friend, she helped me get over you".

"You mean by being you're make out buddy for two weeks" Sav says.

When two lions face each other it's a bloody war.

"Something she knew was nothing more then coping she said she wanted to help after I laid out terms".

"Like a contract".

"A verbal one" I add, "in the end she accepted that I was better".

"So it took you two weeks to get over me that's a little cold Winters" Sav comments.

"That's to lose feelings, the year wait was to get over you" I correct.

"Fair, what about the school calling you the Devil Of New York, you have a reputation I see".

"I shut down all of Manhattan and had search parties and curfews set in place last year during an incident".

"Vague, but you always were secretive".

"And good at hiding things, I don't want to be widely known and reported on so I make sure I'm not".

"Yet there are dozens of pictures of you on the internet".

"If you have that kind of time to look into public information about me, you'd also know those pictures were ones I knew were being taken of me".

"Yet there's always more, and with you it only gets deeper".

"I probably know more about you then you do of me" I say calmly, which was true I had an entire file on her my security made sure I had them but Sav's was the most detailed for obvious reasons.

"Likely you're very curious Adrian, you could be like the cat that died from it".

"Except unlike that cat, I am the one who controls everything around me" I say finishing my glass.

"Well, there is always a first for everything".

"I won't argue with you on that, also it's four PM, and I need to start cooking my dinner so I am going to ask you to leave please".

"Then I will see you tomorrow at school" Sav says setting her own empty glass down.

"Have a safe drive, cheers" I say before walking away to the kitchen.

"Thank you" Sav says walking away to the entryway and I heard her put on the heels she wore, followed by the click of them as they entered the elevator. The doors then dinged and closed before Sav was carried away down to the ground floor of my penthouse.

I'm going to make sure that no one is allowed up unless I confirm they are allowed.

My life now has a new one, one I was hoping would stay in the past where I wished for her to stay.

Also so earlier then yesterday and honestly i thought i wouldnt have this up till like 12 but I was wrong, comment thoughts on the chapter, and your impression of Sav, also vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌