Chapter Sixteen

Later that night as Olivia and I walked out of our room, dressed for tonight. I had planned to take her to the same restaurant that I took her on our very first dinner date, though at the time we both denied that's what it was.

Walking downstairs I scanned my line of shoes and quickly chose before walking to the key drawer and pulling out my Aventador S fob.

"You're keeping this a pretty big surprise" Olivia muses, which is true I've been very tight lipped about where I intended to take her all day, despite her insistence that she know.

"Yes I am, but I promise you, you will like where we are going" I assure, before stepping out the door and walking down the steps.

Olivia also found out that that key I had left in the Aston Martin was a spare that was meant for her since she spends so much time at my house, I thought it would only be fair if she had her own key for the door.

"You've been saying that all day" she says.

"Because I know you, and I know you will like tonight" I say opening the garage doors, and heading down to the actual garage area, followed by Olivia.

I then unlock the car, and get inside leaving my door open just for the sake of hearing the car start when I press the fighter jet style button for the engine.

Pulling the door shut, I pull out of the garage, and make sure that the doors close, despite the fact no one could actually get into my property without my security knowing about it.

As we head towards New York I've began to notice how she's started experimenting with what was in her closet. As of right now she's chosen to wear a black halter top with a dark cream knitted flair sleeved cropped turtleneck, along with black jeans, and suede cream pointed ankle boots.

"You look beautiful by the way" I say looking over at her, to see a smile spread across her face.

"Thank you, you did good choosing clothing for me" Olivia says looking down at her outfit.

"I was hoping you'd like what I had chosen, I didn't actually know I just sort of walked around to find things that I thought you'd like" I admit.

"You walked around to find this stuff".

"Yes I did, I may trust my staff, but I wanted what you had to be stuff I was almost certain you'd wear, or might do something with".

"Why you spoil me I don't know" she says looking out the window.

"Sure you do" I muse glancing down at the speedometer to see that the person in front of me was doing under the speed limit. "Hold onto something" I add, giving her just enough time to support herself on the dashboard before getting out and passing the person in front of me.

"They're on their phone" Olivia states and I glance over to see that the person was indeed on their phone.

"I've already been in a car accident I'm not getting in another one especially with you in the vehicle" I say speeding up well ahead of the person behind me.

"You really are protective of me".

"You can't say you're surprised by that or that I as you put it 'spoil' you".

"No I'm not, just not used to someone doing it".

"I mean I bought you a Porsche as a Christmas present that should have warned you what I can be like when giving gifts" I say.

"I guess it should have" Olivia admits, before taking my phone and finding a song.

A while later when we entered Brooklyn I took the exit down to the lower level, and headed towards the restaurant.