Chapter Forty Four

When we had landed, all of us walked off the jet and were greeted by the last dregs of a snow fall that had passed through New York.

No wonder we circled for half an hour.

As I got to the bottom I noticed the small line of Brabus G700's and Adrian's glossy carbon fibre Pagani Huayra with the hood roof and back central pieces of the car all being black paint not that that specific paint pattern was different he had it go through all his duplicate or additional Pagani's as he had aquired a few more as of recently, and apparently several other cars for all over the world.

Elijah then walked over to us, and handed Adrian the key to his car, before walking to the car and unlocking it.

"Miss Thorne" Elijah says and I look to the bodyguard noticing he was holding the door open for me to join Nico, and Kate in the back seat.

"Thank you" I say stepping inside and watching as Adrian drove away from the airport towards wherever he was going.

As the vehicles began moving the convoy began its journey towards Brooklyn which would be the first stop, to drop me off at my house.

When the car pulled up, I got out after Kate, and Nico said bye, before looking over at Elijah.

"Thanks Elijah, could you if Adrian isn't home when you get back, send my car here for me?" I ask.

"Of course Miss Thorne".

I then walked nodded out of appreciation and walked up to the steps to the front door and knocked.

When the door opened a moment after the Brabus drove away.

"Hi Olivia" my mom says wrapping me in a hug, that I return and softly smile into her shoulder, there's something about mom hugs that are just different, and likely always will be.

"Hey mom" I say when she let go of me letting out a sigh before smiling.

"So how was your trip".

"It was amazing, the UK is beautiful, and so is Aspen".

"You went to Aspen what was it like?".

"Snowy, we went skiing, and made an igloo outside of Adrian's house up there" I reply.

"Was it your idea to make the igloo?" my mom asks.

"No that was Hunter and Riley's" I laugh, "though I probably would have mentioned it eventually".

"You seem to find fun in most things" my mom comments.

"I try too" I admit, before walked into the living room, and I notice the two boxes with my name on it, though I have never really wanted a ton on Christmas, and well Adrian kind of goes all out.

"What are these?" I muse picking up both boxes and sitting them on the couch next to me.

"Open them up" my mom beams, and I do what she says.

In the first box, was a model of the Eiffel tower, and on it was the date that I had first gone there.

"When I found out you went to Paris I wanted to get you something to remember it by, since Adrian engraved it in your mind by asking you to be his girlfriend there" my mom says with a fond smile.

I can tell that she likes Adrian a lot more then Demetri and that had been before she found out my now imprisoned ex was abusive towards me.

I then took the second box and opened it finding the book that I had wanted but couldn't find anywhere all over NYC.

"Thank you mom" I say standing and hugging her.

"You're welcome" she says smiling down at me. "Now what do you want for lunch?".