Chapter Eight

Later that night I had just finished having a shower, and getting dressed into comfy clothes.

As I walked out of my room I could hear music filling the penthouse. Walking along the banister I saw Adrian sitting at his piano playing in his own world with his eyes shut.

Making sure to be quiet I walked down to the marble floor and crossed it slowly so I wouldn't disturb him.

He was the best piano player I know and the fact that he had been practicing for ten years was impressive on it's own but to hear him play was rare.

Adrian had a way of choosing songs that expressed how he felt in how he played and what notes were in the songs. It gave a lot away about what was going on behind his stone wall façade.

When he finished and played the final note, he looked over at me.

"What piece was that?" I ask out of instinct.

"Fantasy in F minor by Schubert" he replied closing the lid.

"What's bothering you?".

"My phone's on the table flip it over".

Giving him a wary and perplexed look I flip over the phone, and there in the middle of the black stone background was a notification with a name on it, one that I wasn't quite ready to know the nature of their reaching out: Arianna.

"What does she want?" I implore furrowing my brows at the notification before looking up at Adrian.

"You know my password you can read the message" Adrian says standing and walking over to where I sat, before lifting a half full glass by the brim.

I then swipe the screen and type in my nickname into the phone, which gave me access to the message, that I read aloud.

"Hey Adrian, I was wanting to talk to you about something that was coming up soon, also Sav told me she was returning to New York at the Gala, tell me how that's going, please call me".

"She's almost as cryptically vague as me" Adrian muses with a smirk, and I try not to laugh at the statement.

"I'll call her later" he adds discarding the phone onto the table, "I have more important things to be doing".

"Oh like what?" I muse, trying not to smile from how direct he was.

It was weird looking at him and knowing that this was the same person eleven months ago who terrified me, with his powerful dark aura, and intense fiery grey gaze. I could still see it the amount of confidence and dominance that surrounded him, regardless of the situation. Talking with everyone who knew him when he was younger, people didn't view him as intimidating, or imposing, but now every time he arrived at Thornbrook or an event people noticed him; which went to show how well he could make people believe things.

"I have several idea's" he says leaning over and moving one of the many pieces of hair that like falling forward onto my face, as I laid back into one of the pillows. "One would be to do this".

Before I could ask what he had meant his lips were on mine bringing me to cloud nine in seconds.

"I like this idea, kissing is a way to release oxytocin, and serotonin" I muse, and I can feel him smile against my lips before leaving an inch between us.

"Well I do love you and I have to find a way to show it" he says leaving kisses along my neck eliciting pleasured sounds from within me.

"If you leave hick... oh Jesus".

"You were saying".

"I don't want to wear a turtleneck or put makeup on my neck tomorrow".

"No promises".