Chapter Thirty Five

The rest of the day was actually quite peaceful, since it was snowing outside, Adrian had been out there shovelling, and I was inside reading in the master bedroom.

Did I feel bad I was leaving him to do the entire driveway. Yes, but he also told me that he'd do it himself.

It was one of the many things that would always surprise me about Adrian he wasn't like a book, he was complicated there were no direct descriptions of him, no easy way to characterize him as a single word. It made sense we were both intrigued by the other, neither of us was easy to read and understand, but he had so many layers as a person that I knew by the time I got to actually put all the pieces together it would all make sense, just like how Adrian knew every part of me.

Closing my book, I peaked out to see him near the end of the driveway, and I take this as my chance to make him something warm, so that he won't be cold when he comes inside despite the fact I've never seen him cold.

Turning on the kettle I then take out two mugs, and put hot chocolate powder in both before adding one of the silk chai tea bags to them, and let the water boil.

When Adrian walking in I heard him take off his boots, coat, scarf, and gloves before putting each away likely in a very organized and neat way.

Probably has something to do with his many habits.

It was silent all of a sudden and I knew he was behind me but before I could turn around his cold hands slid under the back of my shirt making me instantly shiver.

"Your hands are fucking cold" I say turning to see his pleased expression, and amused smirk. "I hate you sometimes".

"That won't do" Adrian muses, "besides all I've done is the innocent act of taking some of you're body warmth which I may have to do more often because of how hot you are".

"That's an objectifying comment if I ever heard one" I tease knowing what he meant.

"I don't have to reiterate what I meant, you know what I was saying" he says removing his hands and walking over to the boiled kettle, and pouring both of us equally sized mugs of the liquid.

"I do but you didn't make it fun".

"Well, I will make it up to you at some point".

"You tend to be able to do that" I mutter as I turn to hand him the mug.

I then hear an amused breath and look to see Adrian carry his cup into the living room, where he sat by the fireplace, using a remote to turn it on, and lean back into the grey cushioned couch, a thoughtful look on his face.

"What's on your mind?".

"I think about what it will be like after this year, what will our lives turn into?".

"Our lives will become different in the sense that school will be replaced with work".

"Not like that, I mean how much more hectic will it become, people will be wanting to keep more and more tabs on us, my name alone will cause associative interest in you, and that's if you don't make a name for yourself which I have a feeling you will. I also fear becoming like my father working constantly, and feeling like I have to go to extremes to keep the family name intact, I don't want that for you or for anyone. I will admit I harbour frustration at him for ridding me of the ability to be around my sister and mother, but I also am fearful of becoming like him as a person".

"You know Adrian it isn't wrong to feel like that, the whole time I've known you, you didn't really like your father but I think it's more then that, you don't like that he took things that were important from you away, and expected so much of you, so you ran away from being associated with him, and that's why you want to be the one to rebuild Winters Group, so that it's your vision and not your fathers".

Adrian then smirks, looking up at me.

"I couldn't have said it any better" he says.

"Well, besides that you look more like your mom so at least appearance wise you can be associated with her" I muse.

"Appearances aren't everything though".

"I'm aware, you're an intimidating person but Kate was right you can be like a darkly clad teddy bear".

"Only for a certain amount of people".

"I know that" I say sitting down beside him and lying down in his lap looking up at him, as he plays with a strand of my hair.

"You know there are moments when I look into your eyes and I forget who I am, I'm not just some heir to a multi billion dollar company, I'm not having people attempt to fuck with my life or the people I care about I'm just a normal teenager with a beautiful girlfriend who lives in awfully nice houses".

"Exactly how far back does the Winters Family go, because you told me from World War Two onward".

"Ninteenth century, my family's home in Derbyshire is where my grandparents curremtly live" Adrian says.

"While here in the UK can we visit them?" I ask.

"Yes we can keep in mind my grandparents are very. British".

"That's descriptive".

"The British stereotype is the best way to describe them they also lessened their spending when their comapny went under, now they live in the fully renovated original family home" he says and I can see the smile on his lips.

He has good memories there that's good.

"Of course I'd have good memories of them. They visited me when no one else could".

"At least you had a good part of family on your fathers side".

"I agree with that statement, it is or else I might have to make my name Adrian Leo Saint Laurent" Adrian msues with his signiture smirk.

"It's not your name that makes you who you are, it's your actions, and well I can tell you people will call you crazy for thinking Winters Group can be changed after a quarter century of being the same".

I then see Adrian shrug, "I'm the heir to a family dynasty that's lasted over two hundred years I'm sure, I can change a company around".

"Luckily you don't have to worry about that for a while" I point out and he lightly laughs, "luckily I don't have to worry about anything so trivial as money, you still and always will remain the most important and valuable part of my life bellissima".

"I could get used to hearing you say that".

"You should because it's true, I never thought I needed anyone else besides me until I met you all culminating on the night you were kidnapped. Even a multi trillion dollar company is worth sacrificing for you, besides I have more money then anyone could possibly spend".

"Mia told me that the same day you met me, you said they everyone was after the money you couldn't even spend, now I see why".

"Now you know why I donate so much" Adrian comments.

"And you say you hide your generosity to keep up looks, yet you have a bigger heart then you let on".

"There are some who would say I don't have a heart" Adrian says.

"Yeah because I stole it" I muse and he looks down at me.

"Yes you did, Olivia, yes you did".

Somehow I made a chapter on them sitting on a couch I'm proud granted I'm also tired, so. Next chapter they go see Adrian's Grandparents, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌