Chapter Twenty Three

Olivia Thorne

When we left an hour later, both of us holding to go cups of the coffee we ordered.

"So let me guess you have a plan for the rest of today" I say.

"Would you expect anything else?" Adrian implores as he walks to the back of the Brabus and opens the door for me letting me into the black leather interior with every possible amenity one could want in a luxury vehicle, though apparently Maybach S680's were supposed to be the ultimate luxury that Mercedes had to offer.

Adrian then slid in beside me and pulled on his seatbelt before looking to Elijah.

"Toronto Aquarium please" he says.

"Yes Mr. Winters".

The fact that Elijah can separate professionalism from the times when I've found them both acting like friends is actually quite impressive, I never expected it. Though I didn't expect a lot when I had entered the world Adrian and everyone in the group lived in, and now I was a part of it.

As the vehicles all moved away from the curb I began to settle into the seat as we travelled through the city towards the Aquarium.

Toronto was less populated then New York and seemed more airy and open feeling.

No wonder Adrian wanted to come here.

I'm not wearing this coat into an aquarium I already look like I come from wealth" he says taking off his seatbelt so that he could take off his coat.

"I also doubt you're not boiling in that" I say.

"Oh I was, it looks nice but I will cook if I don't take it off" Adrian smiles before folding it and putting it behind the seats.

When we pulled up outside the Aquarium both me and Adrian climbed out of the back of the vehicle, while a few of the guards walked in together almost as if they were a group looking for time to pass, with Adrian and I not far behind.

The room we originally entered had tons of boards with pictures of each of the animals that we could see, along with outside open area's for those who came here to see the animals.

"What do you want to see first?" Adrian asks looking down at me as he joined our hands.

"The tropical section" I reply with a warm smile that Adrian returns.

"I believe" he starts looking slowly around until he sees the sign, "that it is this way", and with that he walked through a doorway down into a glass tunnel.

"Who would have guessed, it's almost like there was a sign" I muse and receiving a blank expression from Adrian with his eyebrows raised.

"So that is how today will go" he mutters, and knowing Adrian I will probably be teased later on today.

"Yes, yes it will" I confirm and he just smirks before reaching the bottom of the ramp where we could see all the various underwater life that was from the tropical area's of the world.

There was colourful fish, and reefs, along with turtles, and dolphins even.

"It looks so peaceful" I comment.

"Probably is, though it would also suck being a fish being constantly chased by other things to be eaten by them, sounds like a bitter fucking existence" Adrian muses while watching a Hammerhead shark pass over the top of the tube we were standing in.

"So blunt" I mutter with a smile.

"Someone has to be honest" Adrian says, walking through the multi layer glass tunnel with me beside him.

"Something you are quite often" I say.

"I won't deny that" he admits walking over to one of the circular observation tanks where you could see all of the fish from above.

"What is your favourite exhibit here?" I ask though I actually sort of doubt that he has one.

"I'd rather show you and see the look of shock on your face then tell you" Adrian says leading me towards the doors that led outside and along a path to a circular tank with several rocky land areas around the large space and swimming around was a family of otters.

"These are actually my favourite animals" Adrian says a smile on his face one of fascination, and appreciation of being able to freely see these animals so close.

"Your favourite animals are otters?" I comment surprised, "I would have never guessed".

"I'm a puzzle bellissima" Adrian says, watching as one of the otters dove.

"Oh I'm aware, but I'm also sure I could solve it".

"That would be a first, no one has ever fully understood me, until now".

"Are you saying I do understand you".

"Better then anyone else I've met, yes. Though it's been you for a while" Adrian says walking away from the edge of the railing and heading back inside.

"From how secretive you are, and the fact that I had to ask you endless questions I'm kind of surprised".

"You shouldn't be, I share everything with you, and you are my other half you probably know me better then anyone else" Adrian says looking over at me as we head towards the exit since there was a park that was by the aquarium.

As we walked out of the aquarium and the air was replaced by cool wind I watched as Adrian walked to the end of the park that was along Lake Ontario.

"Of course you walk as close as you can get to water" I muse.

"You can't blame me for liking being near large bodies of water, no wonder my parents sent me to Switzerland I spent any time I could have near the ocean" Adrian says looking out over the lake.

"It was how you felt at peace wasn't it seeing the ocean, swimming beneath water, and standing in the rain" I say.

"My father wouldn't come anywhere near me if I was in the rain, because he wore suits and the fabric would be damaged if it got wet so in order to go unpunished when I returned home to my parents and got mad at my father for sending me away I stood on the balcony in my room in the pouring rain" Adrian muses, "so I guess your assumption is accurate".

"But why did you hide in the rain to escape you father".

"Because after eight was when the relationship between us deteriorated, he never really made time to come see me and then in that final month he did his best to try and reconnect with me, and after years I see that in his own way he cared he may not have said it but he definitely did, I just was too stubborn to admit it".

"At least you see it and don't see your father bitterly" I say looking over at him.

"Not anymore no I don't, also" Adrian says looking up as it begins to drizzle rain on us. "We should probably head back to the hotel".

"I agree" I say before we both turned and walked back to the vehicles that would be waiting for us at the road outside the Aquarium.

So that was there trip to the aquarium also I'd like to thank you all for the 2.3K on this book in such a short period of time, also leave your thoughts in the comments, vote and share. Anyways

Peace✌