Chapter Thirty One

Adrian Winters

I sat in the back of the armoured black and grey Maybach S680 that I would use as CEO of Winters Group when I took over, but after securing a nine billion dollar deal to pay off investors and to get full ownership of Lexington Enterprises Holdings it seemed only right I showed up in the back of the same car.

I had also dressed myself in a standard black three piece Armani suit with a white dress shirt underneath along with a black vest, and silver Cartier Santos wristwatch.

Pulling up to the courthouse I saw the groups of news crews waiting to photograph everyone who was apart of the case, there were three separate trials that were happening back to back within the next hour.

Monica and her parents had also already arrived and were inside first up was Cillian Lexington, the now condemned CEO of a business I now own.

Standing inside the building in the lobby, was a collection of lawyers judges, and the people involved in this private trial.

Twenty minutes later Cillian was led out of the building to a police car while news crew cameras flash behind us.

I also understood how people saw the Winters family as a sign of good as someone who had been doing illegal deeds was taken away, but we were also villified by those who got in the way of family ambitions, there were a few stories of people who were sent to jail by my father but that was in a twenty year period, I hadn't even graduated high school and I've sent twenty five people behind bars.

When it was finally time for us to enter I stood and straightened my jacket, and buttoned it before walking into the courtroom.

The room was only attended by the police on the case, my friends, other members of the Lexington Family, and the jury.

lines of cloth covered black chairs lines the court room before coming to where my Lawyers and me would sit along with Monica and her lawyer would.

Taking our seats my lawyers Evan and Michael set up their case files.

Both were Harvard educated lawyers, and had only been working with me for five years, but were also the top graduates, and had never lost a case.

"We call this session into order for the persecution of Monica Lexington on a count of extortion, two counts of federal extortion, and ten counts of blackmail" the judge begins. "Mr. Anderson you may begin".

Monica's lawyer stood and walked to the front of the room.

"Good morning, I would like to begin by stating that my client is still young, and finding her way in the world, yet this trial is occurring in a federal court of law with charges that will come from under the adult section of criminal laws and charges, Miss Lexington is not a criminal she had made some mistakes yes, but she has to learn from them in order to improve, by charging her with the harsh sentence that will certainly come from being here she will never get that chance to grown and think about everything she has done, I ask of you to consider what I have said before coming to the conclusion that such a harsh punishment should fall on the shoulders of someone so young" Mr. Anderson says turning back to the judge, "thank you".

You might think differently if you had your significant other and family reputation put on the line.

"Evan Wade you are called up" the judge directs looking over at my lawyer.

"Thank you your honour. As a counter to the argument just laid before you the number of charges and counts of each should tell you that despite Miss Lexington is a minor she has still done all of the aforementioned crimes of her own volition, and has shown no remorse for such actions, I have no need to vilify someone but the fact of the matter remains she has had all these crimes brought up only after the fall of her family's elite status in society, people have spoken out about what has been done to them how they have been rid of nearly thirty million dollars each there is hostility and theft implies with that on a grand scale. My own client had to shell out over half a million dollars, just to keep his girlfriend who was being threatened behind closed doors, that we can show you here in this recovered evidence" Evan says placing a marked USB down on the table before the jury, "there was also recovered videos that Miss Lexington has used to hang above each of her victims to get money out of them, this is not the actions of an innocent teenager but of someone with much a much darker agenda to get what she wants is this really the type of person you wish to be sharing society with. Thank you".