Chapter Forty Five

Adrian Winters

A week had passed and I now sat in the living room of my penthouse alone.

Olivia had work tonight, and that gave my time to think about everything goimg on with those two people who wanted to get at me and I know for a fact the whole of New York knows how along with how the one time it happened, what the result was.

Our teacher had assigned homework as well on the first day back something I have blatantly ignored and intend to do tomorrow if I get to involved in figuring out who was most likely to be a threat to me and Olivia.

I then began thinking of who would actually have the ability to attempt something of that calibre and along with the motive.

So that eliminates nearly all but four people.

Taking my phone, I call Elijah and leave my phone on speaker, I then begin organizing files and names for each person so that they can be added too.

"Mr. Winters" Elijah says after answering.

"Elijah, I need you to look into a situation" I say calmly, coining through what I could already find on each individual.

"What kind of situation?" Elijah asked his tone becoming seriously, something I respected in him as head of security.

"Two people made subtle notions that they were planning something against me, and Olivia, I told you about this, correct?".

"Yes sir".

"Perfect, I have four files that I need you to come get, and I want your stealthiest PPO's on this one, tell them to take normal vehicles as to not draw attention".

"I can do that, anything else?" Elijah asks.

"After that you can take the night off, I am more then protected here in my penthouse, hell there's only one elevator that has access to this floor and above".

And one needs special key cards to get up here.

"Thank you Mr. Winters".

"You're welcome, good night" I say hanging up, and pocketing it before stacking the four files, and walking into my kitchen.

I needed a drink, and I was actually proud of myself for only taking from the non-alcoholic labelled bottles, It wasn't a good habit to drink at my age, which was for one illegal, and a bad idea in general.

Taking a bottle of Lyre I filled a glass and topped it up with ice before carrying it to the living room, before I heard the elevator ding, as Elijah entered the room.

"Good evening" I say walking to the window and looking over the lights of New York around central park.

"Good evening sir, just these four files".

"Yes, thanks" I reply not taking my eyes off the sight in front of me, I then glanced over at the penthouse that I used to live in with my family four years ago, and seven years before that.

It was odd how physically returning to the place I had stood four years ago to watch my parents be lowered into the ground made me miss them more, then I thought I did, I wish I didn't stay mad at my father for sending me away, and then carrying resentment for the accident he and my mom got into. I would miss their smiles, and hugs, their advice, and all of the good moments we shared.

"You know staring over that city won't make it yours faster" someone says and I turn around to see Aria walking across the flooring towards me.

"Arianna, how the fuck did you get in?" I laugh, and she tosses a keycard on the coffee table.

"I took that when I was last here".

So earlier this week.

"Stealing is illegal in all fifty states you know" I say.

"So is speeding" she replies.

"Touché" I smirk, "so what brings you here especially since it's seven o'clock".

"I just wanted to come visit you" she admits sitting down on the couch.

"Any specific reason why".

"Does there have to be a reason?" Aria asks crossing her legs, and I turn to actually look at her, and realize how formally she is dressed in a golden sequin dress.

"No, we're childhood friends, I've known you since I could remember" I say sitting in my usual chair, "what's the occasion Verille?".

"Oh, my parents took me to that charity banquet for starving children" she replies.

"I sent in my donation earlier today, I don't exactly want to go through the hassle of being in the public eye more then I have to" I say taking a sip from my glass.

"We heard, not normal for someone to miss the charity event that they operate" Aria smirked.

"I was here working" I defend.

"I'm teasing you, also you wouldn't have anything I could steal from you for clothing, would you".

"Not anything that would fit" I say setting the glass down and walking away towards the stairs with a humoured sigh, "but I can definitely see if there is anything that might".

Entering my room, I walked into my closet, and found comfy pants that could be tied at the waist.

"Take whatever you want for a top, I honestly don't care what" I say walking out to give her some privacy, and headed back downstairs.

Resuming my spot in the living room, I attempted to relax, but I also worried about Olivia despite her house being covered by an entire team of security, at all hours.

"You look stressed" Aria says plopping down on the couch her dress tossed over the back of the couch. She had managed to tie the comfy pants but the hoodie she chose was massive on her thin frame.

"Just thinking, I have a lot on my mind, nothing worth dwelling on though" I reply.

"Well, what about a movie to take your mind off of whatever you were thinking of" Aria suggests.

"Alright" I say hitting a button on the remote I left on the table which closed the curtains, and revealed the TV from the floor.

I then put the remote down as Aria looked through Netflix for a movie until she chose one and I moved to the sofa to be able to see better.

As the movie went on I noticed her dosing off and when she finally did I laid her how, and coveres her in a blanket before texting her mom that she was safe at my house.

I then left Aria's things where they were and had the TV return to its hidden position, before walkjng upstairs to go to sleep myself.

Okay this was sort of a filler chapter and well I really only started writing this an hour ago so this was the result, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌