Chapter Twenty Four

The following day Adrian and I had gone around every possible tourist destination in Toronto that we could think of.

When night began to fall over the city I found Adrian sitting in the living room on his laptop, working on something, which honestly I wouldn't be surprised about based on how much he plans things and doesn't really like just waiting around for things to happen, which was both something I liked about him that he knew how to get things to go his way and make them, but I also saw it take a small toll on him because he was so accustomed to being in control.

"Hey Livi" he says closing the laptop, and looking up at me with a small smile on his face.

"Hi Adrian, why are you smiling like you know something I don't" I reply leaning on the back of the opposite couch.

"Because I do know something you don't" Adrian says.

"Will I get to find out what said thing is?".

"Yes, I don't often keep things from you for long".

"Except for your two week relationship with Aria" I tease.

"I was going to tell you about that the day after you found out through her drunken stupor, besides I have just given up on believing there is a perfect moment to tell you important things like that, other times like this one" Adrian begins walking over to me, "I will hold onto what it is for a little while longer".

"Well whatever it is I will like it".

"I would hope so" Adrian says pulling me closer to him, and looking down at me.

"I feel so short in comparison to you" I complain.

"You're five seven, and I'm six two both those numbers are several inches over average height".

"Still I'm like seven inches shorter then you, you're like a giant".

"I'm many things".

"Oh I know" I say smiling up at him.

"Also just because you complain about being short" Adrian says before he lifts me up so that we are on the same height level. "Perfection".

"You have such interesting eyes" I muse taking in the fiery gold ring around his pupil, and the forest green flecks that were scattered throughout their storm grey colour.

"I'm aware of what my eyes look like, and they're just colours" Adrian comments dismissively.

"But they're unique" I point out.

"None the less, I still don't get the pretty eye thing, it's such a generic compliment".

"Didn't you say that the only reason guys still use it is because it works".

"I did say that, but with you I attempt to be original" he says giving me a small smile.

"And genuine, every time a piece of your past comes up you just flat out explain it, even when we hadn't known each other that long, you were honest about it".

"People think I'm closed off and complicated which is true but only to the vast majority who don't actually know me, other then that I just have a lot that made me like this" Adrian says.

"If you mean made you fight for the things that are important to you, and be stubborn, and dark and mysterious, yup thats accurate".

"It was my mysterious nature that lured you to me".

"I won't deny that" I say biting my lip.

"Well we have head home and well, I just got the email that the car has arrived" Adrian says.