Chapter Forty Nine

Olivia Thorne

Adrian had been busy and working hard for the past week, and I could tell he was that's why I was glad that tonight was the last day in New York before everyone going on the senior trip went to Miami.

But that also meant that there was a party tonight, and Adrian had yet to come out of his office.

Walking to the door I pushed it open, and say that he had actually passed out on his desk with a set of files in front of him.

This is why he needs to not stress himself so much.

Letting out a sigh I begin collecting the files and stacking them along with minimizing the tabs he had open on his computer without looking at what they actually were, because as a person he likes his privacy and has reasons to be as such.

When the desk was finally cleared I gently shook him, and he stirred before grabbing a hold of my wrist, something I know he does as a defence mechanism and for whatever reason it never hurts likely because despite his appearance he wouldn't actually hurt anyone without justifiable cause.

"Hey Livi how long have I been out" he asks letting go of my wrist and rubbing his eyes.

"It's quarter to seven so I don't actually know".

"I set my head on my desk at five, because I didn't sleep last night".

"You can sleep tonight at least" I point out.

Adrian then smirks leaning back in his seat.

"I sure hope so, I'll also probably do it on the jet tomorrow too" he muses, standing and looking outside to the damp ground that looked golden from the setting sun.

"No judgement if you do, now go shower and get ready" I say walking out of the office before heading upstairs to our bedroom so that I could find something to wear.

"We're going to a house party keep that in mind when dressing" Adrian says sticking his head into my side of our massive three room closet.

"That's actually helpful I didn't know where the party was" I admit with a shy smile.

"You're welcome" he says before walking away to the shower.

Now I was faced with dozens of possible outfits since I owned more clothing then I knew what to do with, so instead of that, I did my makeup first.

I've had people either think I wear a lot of makeup or had surgery to make myself be pretty neither is true, I don't wear a lot I just lucked out apparently on genetics.

After applying eyeliner, mascara, bronzer, and a small amount of highlighter I gently curled my hair, and applied matte lipstick, before picking out the black shiny leggings I bought, along with a slightly sheer top, and finishing it with a white diamond stitched leather jacket.

"Fuck" I hear Adrian mutter from behind me, and I glance at my mirror to see him with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Do you like it?".

"I do, which means so will every other guy at this party" Adrian says walking towards me.

"Not like you haven't glared at everyone whose looked at me" I laugh attempting to not stare at him.

"Sounds like I have my work cut out, by the way you have a little something" he says tapping the side of his mouth while smirking before walking away, and I turn to look to see nothing.

"Adrian, fuck off".

"You love me bellissima admit it, also if I did, who would make sure no one tried shit with you".