Chapter Fifteen

I knew I would have to play my cards right here, I needed to find a justifiable reason for Monica's past, and electronics to be investigated before the video she likely took was shown to the world.

I had my lawyers looking into it, along with a team of private investigators, but nothing was certain Thornbrook had some of the smartest people attending it that's why Thornbrook students had a one hundred percent acceptance rate to Ivy League schools.

When Elijah who had come to get me pulls into the driveway I thank him, before getting out of the SUV.

My DB11 is still outside the garage, and Olivia will have stayed the night. I then walk to the garage, and open it before walking to the front door of my house, which when I open the door I can hear Olivia singing from the kitchen.

Of course that's what she's doing.

Walking back to the car I get in and put it back in it's place in the garage, before walking back to the front door.

I did have a plan for getting her to forgive me but right now I needed to do something I'd willing get slapped for in the aftermath.

Putting the key for the car back into its place I walk across the kitchen to see Olivia cooking some form of French Toast which was completely normal.

Once she had put down the spatula down that she had been holding I walked around the counter and pulling her to my chest, before kissing her gently at first but she seemed to know it was me and deepened it.

"Someone's pleased to see me" I muse

She then hummed back a response.

"Sorry I took so long to come home" I say.

I was just being blackmailed by Monica.

"It's alright how was your night?".

"It was alright I woke up with one hell of a headache" I admit opening a cupboard and taking out the Robax box and pressing one of the pills out.

"Kate came over last night and told me about the party, maybe drinking an entire bottle of scotch wasn't a good idea".

"Yeah I came to the same conclusion as you" I say filling a glass and taking the pill.

"So, other then partying till you had a headache anything else happen?" Olivia asks.

"I had to help clean up the aftermath of the party" I say refusing to look at her grey green eyes.

"How'd that go?".

"There was eight bags of stuff the big one's people use for their lawns, I carried all those out, I don't know if Sav got the smell of alcohol out of the air but maybe" I say leaning against the counter, finishing off the glass of water.

"Is that what would happen when you would go, parties would just get out of control?" Olivia asks moving her food off the pan and onto a plate.

"Yes, the nights were crazy, crazier then I cared to participate in".

"I don't know how much crazier it could be".

"People did drugs at parties, hard one's now you know why I hid in the guest bedroom, and at the time drowned my sorrows" I elaborate, "I wanted fuck all to do with it".

"All those kids were also probably pushed over the ledge to use an escape like that" Olivia says.

"Yes, pressure like that tends to birth extremes, and that is often what happened".

"I'm glad you never did things like that".

"So am I, though I got drunk, I wasn't stupid. I had common sense to lock the door if I found out that there would be drug induced people at parties".

"That makes sense why it would be the part of your past you wish never happened" she says leaning on the counter next to me while eating.

"Kate told you that I assume" I muse.

"Yes she did" Olivia affirms.

"I do mean that statement, though I suppose I learnt what not to fall into" I say, walking to the pantry to get the oat container.

"I can tell, you wanted to stop stress drinking which you have, you rarely actually drink, you don't go to parties almost ever, and you never touched drugs".

"That is true, people also got blackmailed at parties with bullshit stories, and edited videos".

"Actually?" Olivia inquired.

"Yes, Monica did most of it, she did it for fun at first but then it became jealousy based, that was around the time I stopped going" I reply.

"Do you think she does it still?".

"Yes I do old habits die hard, that's why I'd never even stay in the same room as her willingly, for a long period of time".

Which means that if she is attempting to blackmail me she's faked it, the whole thing, but I need to prove it.

"That's reassuring, though you already told me there will never be anything between you two, and I seem to forget that at times".

"It's natural, I was jealous in the beginning when I met you, the things I said to myself in my head would shock you" I admit.

"We're also possessive, and you are territorial very much so" Olivia points out.

"Add controlling to all things besides you" I state.

"You don't control me which I'm thankful for, that you give me freedom".

"I don't own you, you're also to headstrong for me to have any success if I tried".

"You're just as headstrong, you're also eternally honest, which is interesting because I went from a relationship where I was lied to, and abused to one where I was always told the truth, and felt safe in".

"I would never hurt you, I couldn't live with myself if I did" I say looking over at her.

"Good thing that will never happen" she says smiling over at me, before I put the bowl in the microwave, and set it for three minutes.

"So what do you want to do today?" I ask, while she finishes off her plate.

"I don't actually know?" Olivia says.

"Well tonight I'm taking you out for dinner" I state.

"What time do I have to be ready?" she implores with a curious smile.

"Six" I reply.

"Alright, I will be ready by then".

"Until then I have a few things I need to do today" I muse, as I collect all the items I needed for my breakfast.

Once I finished making my breakfast I took it into my office while Olivia did the homework we had been assigned for over the weekend.

Setting everything on the black curved desk, I pull out my phone, and dial my investigation team.

Time to look into stopping this blackmail before it even begins.

Alright that's all for this one, it's later then I would have liked, but Thanksgiving is like that. Leave your comments on what you think will happen on their date, also vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌