Chapter Forty

The jet had just landed in Aspen Colorado when I woke up to Hunter and Riley complaining about how cold it was.

"You're such a fucking baby" I mutter pulling on my black pea coat, and scarf before descending the stairs to the snow frosted tarmac.

"You're also all but steaming out there" Hunter says as we near the line up of four Bentley Mulsanne's.

"I know I'm naturally hot, now get inside so I don't have to listen to you or Riley complain".

"Someone's bossy" Riley mutters getting in the back of the car, as I glare at him through the tinted glass.

Getting in the back of my own I drop my head back into the leather, and wait for the car to pull away.

When everyone is finally in the cars and all our luggage is in the trunks we head off towards the mountains where my house was on it's own secluded road.

I liked Aspen the most during winter when white snow blanketed everything in a frosted coating that glistened in the mid afternoon setting sun.

As we got higher up I looked out the window and through the trees I could see my house with it's wooden panelling, black tile roof, roman brick walls, and glass railed balconies.

Getting to the gate which opened at a push of a button we all drove up the recently shovelled driveway and parked.

Pulling the handle I got out the back along with Olivia who had joined me as per usual, before walking up to the door, and taking it out from beneath one of the two plants that would normally grow by the door but were now decorated like mini Christmas tree's something my bodyguards likely did when last here, which would have likely been mere hours before we landed.

"Welcome inside" I say pushing the door open and letting everyone inside of the wooden floored house with pale grey walls.

The first thing I did was slid off my shoes before discarding the key, and walking down a short hallway into the kitchen that had a view over the living room which had light grey cloth furniture along with a fireplace, that I turned on for the sake of warmth.

"This is cozy" Olivia says walking over to one of the chairs and sitting down in it.

"Skiing holiday home, it's supposed to be, I'm actually the only one to ever have come here" I say getting out a mug to have tea.

"So why now?".

"I'm opening up, also I wanted to bring you here".

"What does one do in a house with what twenty thousand square feet of space" Kate asks walking over to me.

"Sit in front of the fire with a mug of hot chocolate with a novel, watch movies in the theatre, sleep, go swimming, have really long hot showers, go skiing" I reply pouring hot water into my mug, and I watch it change colour as the tea ground seeps out into the hot liquid around it's casing.

"Sounds peaceful" Nico says walking over to one of the couches and sitting down beside Kate who had previously taken a corner cushion.

"It was, I quite enjoyed it" I admit taking the singular chair in the corner as the fireplace began to heat up the living room.

"You wouldn't have a piano here would you?" Riley asks.

"He might" Olivia says turning to look at me.

"In the reading room I do, it's to the right at the end of the hall" I say.

"I would hope you didn't spend so much for a piano to not play it" Kate muses, and I lightly laugh.