Chapter Eighteen

Aria then stepped through the front door of Adrian's house, and slipped off her shoes.

"Umm... so something happened... with my parents" Aria says and Adrian then looks sad as if he knew what was going on which he probably did he was good at keeping other people's secrets even more so his own, only telling people if he thought they were ready for it, or when he absolutely had too.

He then opens his arms before Aria walks into them and they stand there. I may have not entirety trusted Aria at one point but I also know that being jealous isn't a good thing for a relationship ever, no matter how possessive someone is of their partner, letting jealousy get involved never ends well.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" I hear Adrian ask softly, gone is the power and authority he speaks to most people with and in its place is the caring tone I've learnt he uses when comforting someone.

When Aria nods he then leads her to the back of the living room and has both of the back doors open to let them out onto the patio.

I then watch them both walk over to the steps and I see it a side so few people ever see the one I would imagine articles and news reports fail to ever capture. Adrian's softer side the one he uses to make moments seem like they can only be bad for a moment and he will fix them.

"We're going to head out, little olive" Riley says standing with what I assume is finished homework.

"Okay" I say, "you all could stay there's more then enough bedrooms".

"There's a list of people Adrian would never let anyone see at a weak point if he could help it" Nico says.

"I can guess who that list includes" I muse, imagining everyone's name as I watched Adrian's entire demeanor change.

Not as much as it does when around me but I've also come to accept Adrian reserves most of how he acts just for me, with the occasional exception for people close to him.

It was weird thinking about the nearly year time period I've spent with him, yet, we've been a part of each other's lives for almost twice that.

Eventually I turn away from the window and walk away towards the couch, to collect my phone since my mom had wanted to have me home before ten and the drive along would take a little over an hour to get home which meant since it was eight thirty, I had to leave now.

I then double checked that I had everything packed and carried my bag out to my car which sat beside Aria's Lexus LFA.

Opening the door to the car I put my bag in the passenger seat before walking back inside the house, and to the back.

Stepping out of the living room onto the heated patio I walked around the edge of the pool.

"Adrian, I'm going to go now" I say glancing at Aria who's face had turned a slight shade of red from crying, and also probably the light wind blowing off of the ocean.

"Alright" Adrian says standing and walking to me before hugging me tightly, before separating slightly so that he could kiss me.

"I love you, and have a safe trip, message me when you get home please".

"I love you too, and I can do that" I say giving him a smile, before walking back to the door, knowing that I don't particularly like being seen crying so I gave Aria the same respect off my own empathetic feeling.

Double checking that I hadn't forgotten everything I walk out the front door locking it before heading down to my car.

Getting in I start the shiny white Porsche and begin my drive back towards Brooklyn.