Chapter Twenty Six

That night Olivia and I had dressed relatively nicely since we were going to Eleven Madison Park, and well Olivia apparently wanted to have it be her treat to me.

I stood at the window in my penthouse staring over Manhattan while Olivia got ready upstairs.

When she walked downstairs I first took in the minimal makeup she had done doing slight alterations to what she had previously been wearing, along with putting on a white half sleeve dress with a thin black leather belt around the middle separating the pleated design from the smooth upper half, she was also wearing black heels and holding one of the leather Chanel bags she owned.

"You look cute" I muse giving her a soft smile.

"We're matching" Olivia replies gesturing to me in black pants, leather shoes, and partially undone dress shirt, along with a white blazer overtop.

"We are" I reply, reaching over to move one of the strands of hair that was falling over her face behind her ear with my finger. "Which car are we taking?".

"I brought my Porsche" Olivia says.

"You're really going full out on this" I comment and she just gives me a smile.

"It's your birthday of course I am" Olivia says walking away towards the

"What is so important about me turning eighteen?".

"Lobster dinner".

Oh right.

"Okay I guess I'll bless the world with my appearance" I muse stepping into the elevator and hitting the button for the ground floor.

"That made you sound arrogant".

"You know I don't like people".

"That is true" Olivia says before we remain in silence until the doors open and we're let out.

Walking out of the front door and down the steps to Olivia's parked Porsche we both get into the white sports car that she keeps impeccably clean, though I drive her around quite a bit, but there were still days or times where she did drive herself.

As we got to the restaurant I remembered the last time we were here, and I had left money before vanishing for a week.

I then pushed open the door and closed it before reaching over for Olivia's hand which she took without hesitation as we walked inside.

"Good evening, for two" the waitress says.

"Yes please" Olivia says before we're led away to a booth by one of the windows.

Reaching the table we sit, and I don't even open the menu, while Olivia opens hers.

Eventually she'll just know what she's having.

"What could I get you for drinks".

"Bottle of non alcoholic cognac please" I say.

"Gladly I will be right back with that" the waitress smiled before walking away.

"I feel so out of place here" Olivia mutters looking around the room of wealthy socialites.

"You're all but one of them though" I point out.

"Yes but I'm from a world none of these people will admit is lived in".

"Bellissima" I say and she looks up at me. "That's what makes you special and unique, you know the world better then the jaded outlook of most rich people, there too busy keeping their dirty deeds covered to notice that you're from Brooklyn" I reassure as the waitress returns with the bottle and two glasses.

"Thank you" I say as I beging to pour out teo glasses.

"What can I get you two?".

"Roasted duck, with lavender honey, and sweet corn for her. I'll have the peppered lobster tail with garlic butter sauce, and roasted olive asparagus" I say.

"Perfect, I'll leave you two to your drinks".

"I know you don't like things that are too flashy for gifts, so I got you this" Olivia says producing a box from her purse and handing it over to me.

Sliding it open I found a silhouette painting of us kissing with the night sky painted around it. The painting was obviously handmade and at the bottom in neat white handwriting it said. So you always have a part of my love.

"You made this?" I pry looking up at her, and she nods slowly. "It's perfect"

She then beams across the table at me as I carefully rewrap it and put it back in the box.

"I know its not like a new Hublot or a Saint Laurent jacket but I still wanted it to be something you'd like".

"I'm putting it in my office on the free shelf".

"Right where you can see it" Olivia says taking a sip of her drink.

"Exactly, also how long did it take to make that?".

"The past week, that's what I was doing every night so that I could give it to you".

"I honestly tell myself I don't deserve you at times this is why, I can't believe you'd do something like that just for a gift".

"You deserve a lot of things, you deserve love and I'm more then willing to give it to you" Olivia says, and for once I can feel my eyes prick with tears at those words, one's ive never been told, and here they are coming from the most perfect girl I've ever met.

Don't you fucking think about crying Winters get your shit together. My subconscious reminds me, and I quickly blink away the tears.

"And I will accept it and return it" I say giving her a warm smile.

The rest of the dinner was amazing we both savoured our food along with shared a piece of New York cheesecake, and now we were walking back out to the car.

"Thank you for dinner and the painting Olivia" I say.

"You're welcome and I'm glad you like the painting" Olivia says unlocking the car.

"How couldn't I it comes from you" I smoothly reply, causing her to roll her eyes at me.

"Roll your eyes again and see what happens" I muse closing my door.

"And why might that be" she pries.

"Do it again and find out" I say buckling my seat as she pulls away to head back to the penthouse.

"Unless you don't notice" Olivia suggests.

"Hmm, not happening" I say, and she again rolls her eyes.

"Alright I guess I might have to do something about you rolling you're eyes at me" I say and she smirks coyly.

Always the innocent ones.

And with that I look out the window attempting to imagine how many ways I could tease her without her getting annoyed.

So umm this is late and short, but I went swimming and went on a night walk so yeah, that's my defence your honour, also I plan to do Olivia's Bday next chapter but I also have a specific moment that needs to got either before or after it so I