Chapter Thirty Four

Olivia Thorne

On the last night of Thornbrook before the New Year, me and Adrian sat in the back of one of his Rolls Royce looking out the window at the world around us, as we near JFK airport. It was such an interesting world around us how it could go from city to suburban area to neighbourhood town.

I also liked how I found out the world besides what I was exposed to with Adrian, because regardless of where we went I felt safe being around him despite the fact he had people who were often after him, to topple his family name.

When the car parked beside the familiar black and grey jet, I got out along with Adrian and walked towards the stairs giving a greeting to Stephanie, before walking into the cabin, and along the aisle to a seat, and sat down and letting myself relax into the leather seat.

"Comfy?" I hear Adrian muse, and I glance up at him.

"Very, you should to, it's a six hour flight if I remember".

"Yes it is" he sighs sitting opposite me, and I can see him recline his chair and letting his head fall back into the cushion.

"You're going to sleep that soon?" I implore.

"If I go to sleep now when I wake up we'll be in London, and I can make breakfast in my own kitchen not thirty thousand feet up" he replies, and I watch his entire demeanor relax. "It's not polite to stare bellissima" he whispers, and I just smirk before turning to look out the window.

At some point I too fall asleep in the luxurious leather seats of the jet, and when I wake I find the opposing seat where Adrian was, empty.

Looking around I see him walk back into the room with a book in hand and a cup of coffee.

"I'm not even surprised you have coffee available at a moments notice" I say.

"You shouldn't be it's my addiction" he says retaking his place, and I look out the window seeing the Scottish Isles.

"How long were we out?" I asks noticing the sun was rising on this side of the world.

"Almost the whole trip we have a few minutes left of the trip before we land in Manchester, then we take a drive to our second British home" Adrian says opening his book.

"You always say our as if I own part of everything you do".

"You own my heart, that entitles you to everything I own, also that ring on your finger is me telling you that one day I intend to marry you and truly make all of my possessions yours as well".

"For someone so many consider a devil you're very romantic".

"Solely for you" he says giving me one of his smirks that makes Noah's Ark be released in my stomach.

Why does he have to affect me so much?

When the plane landed I looked out onto the tarmac to see other planes being either loaded with passengers or the opposite. Adrian's jet was taxied to a hanger where it was carefully placed within the brightly lit reinforced warehouse, and loading stairs were brought to the door.

"I'm glad I don't have to bring clothes anywhere anymore" I muse as we walk out of the plane down to a Range Rover with a bodyguard standing holding the door open emotionless.

"You're welcome Olivia" I head Adrian mutter sliding in beside me and pulling the door closed before buckling his seat, as I do the same.

The driver then turned the vehicle around and drove away with two other's joining the convoy both of which I assumed would have other guards, for the billionaire that sat next to me.

He has so much security it's a wonder anyone would try to even attempt to hurt him.

The drive through the English countryside was quite pretty, farmland mixed with old towns, and, woodlands it was perfect.

We then entered Nottinghamshire which was mostly forest, and looking through the trees I spotted Deer and several birds nested on the branches.

"Exactly how far into this forest do you live?".

"Pretty deep, near the center actually if I'm not wrong I was pretty adamant on privacy".

As the trees thinned we reached a large cobbled wall with black spikes atop it, and a steel gate with Adrian's logo placed in the center like a marker that what lay behind it belonged to him for all to recognize.

"Of course you claimed it so boldly" I laugh.

"Mark what's yours and no one has any right to assume it's for taking" Adrian replies as the rest of the mansion comes into view.

Unlike the one in Finchley that looked grand and like the home of an old money family this one was modern and screamed Adrian simply by it's dark exterior design.

The car then parked and we got out with Adrian grabbing our bags before thanking his security team and walking towards the pivot front door.

The inside of the mansion was as expected stone tiled floors and grey walls that were signature to Adrian's style of design and palette of choice.

I then began to walk through the house as he headed upstairs. I liked how all of his homes were unique in their own way whether it was design, layout, materials, or simply that he could make each seem like a home yet like a different one depending on location.

Walking into a side room from the kitchen I noticed that it had wooden walls with hooks with towels until she looked out of an door to the indoor pool

I'm definitely making use of that.

"Having fun" Adrian asked appearing behind me and making me jump slightly.

"I was until you startled me. I'm getting you lead shoes so I know where you are".

"Sounds like a way to poison me, and lead's quite heavy".

"Why do you think I suggested it every step would be at least semi loud" I point out and he just smirks.

"True, also what would you like for breakfast I'll cook while you explore" he suggests and I nod slowly thinking.

"Steak hashbrowns, and eggs".

"I'm sure I can figure that out", and with that he walked away back into the kitchen.

The wierd thing about Adrian's house was that each one had dozens of rooms and since I would likely spend the entire or at least most of the vacation here I might as well look around to know where everything was.

In the end I got to the master bedroom and found that he had modelled it similar to his one in Beverly Hills.

The floor was carpeted which was unusual but none the less a interesting combination with the bed that had a tall velvety headboard with a diamond designed backing with buttons in the middle of each, along with glass surrounding the entire room, with the walk in closet to the left of the doorway, and the bathroom on the opposing side.

I then heard footsteps on the stairs and turned to see Adrian walk over to the doorway and lean against it as I turn from the window that looked over the forest just beyond the wall.

"This was my first true project the whole building was constructed from the ground up from my design, I didn't want to always be stuck in New York" Adrian says joining me by the window.

"I like this house" I say.

"I do too, this would probably be one of my favourite properties" he comments before glancing over at me, "anyway breakfast is ready".

"Okay, and thank you for cooking".

"You're welcome" he replies following me out of the room.

Alright so they're in Nottinghamshire, I don't fully have a plan for this section of the book but I will improvise something by tomorrow, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌