Chapter Seventy Four

Two months had passed since me and the group graduated, many went on vacations which even I will admit I went on a sailing trip around the Mediterranean with Olivia, rented a Vineyard Villa on Lake Como, travelled to Qatar, saw an F1 Race, spent two weeks in the Bahamas and now I had been home in New York for a month preparing for my first meeting with my Board of Executives at Winters Group Headquarters which opened at it's original design of a little over a kilometre tall.

I sat in the back of the black and grey armoured Maybach S680 that was assigned as my personal transportation vehicle, there was also three more ordered for me, and it had been only then that I found out that because of the bulletproof glass, armoured plating increased engine power, and ballistics proofing, every vehicle cost me a million dollars.

Pulling up to the tinted glass building that was now the official Headquarters for Winters Group, Elijah got out of the front of the car, before opening my door, and letting me out.

Stepping out of the black leather seats, I pulled my grey wool blazer closed. I had wanted to be presentable so I dressed in a medium grey suit with black shoes, and a black turtleneck shirt, with one of my simpler watches on my wrist.

Climbing the concrete steps and getting to the door I walked into the entryway with black marble flooring, pale grey walls, dark steel metal accented most surfaces of the sophisticated and simple lobby with the Winters Group Logo in the middle of the floor illuminated through frosted glass.

As I made my way towards the elevator the receptionist greeted me from her desk who I acknowledged with a curt nod, before pressing the button to the two hundred eighteenth floor of the building.

Eventually the elevator dinged and I stepped inside the metal car along with one more person who was sharply dressed, and I mentally approved of how well my staff presented themselves to the world, because we did actually get a few visitors on the official opening of the new building while the former building was rebuilt into a bank.

When the car began moving I stiffened my posture as I prepared for my meeting.

At the fiftieth floor the doors opened and the person I had been standing next to got off before the doors closed again and brought me to my requested floor a little over thirty seconds later.

Stepping out I passed a desk and saw one of my members of staff go wide eyed at my appearance, before moving in the opposite direction.

So I'm intimidating to my staff, I might have to address that in a later meeting.

A moment later my assistant Kaylee walked up to me holding a folder that would give details on my daily schedule.

"Good morning Kaylee" I say taking the folder from her and tucking it under my arm.

"Good morning Mr. Winters, your coffee is on your desk, I don't know what you like so I left it black".

"Black is exactly how I like it" I say taking the folder I had been given and holding it in my hand before pushing open one of the twelve foot tall doors to my office, that looked exactly how I had designed it.

Opening the folder I read off the first few things before stopping in the middle of the room.

"Kaylee" I say turning to face the mousy brown haired girl.

"Yes sir".

"Please tell the Executives that the meeting will begin at eight fifteen sharp, no exceptions".

"I will get right to it, anything else".

"Every file on each of them, I will want to see them, after that you may return to your work" I say.