Chapter Sixty Three

Olivia Thorne

I don't think I'd ever seen Thornbrook's student population so excited for a game. Though I had learned last year that Southchester was the rival school to Thornbrook, and I even got to see it first hand when our school had to host them for the day; and it wasn't going to be any different now.

Pulling my Aston Martin in beside Adrian's own DBS Superleggera I got out dressed in the school colours of black, gold and blue.

Walking over to where everyone stood I see Adrian catch a glimpse of me and he turns to face me.

"Damn you went all out" Adrian says stepping away from the congregated area where team players and their friends stood alike.

He was as usual dressed in all black besides his pants as were customary for our schools team, and a polo club over his shoulder.

"What I came in school colours to support you" I say giving him a soft smile.

"You look perfect, you might even make it so no one watches the game just my beautiful other half" he says smoothly, returning the smile I was giving him.

"Such a charmer".

"I can be, also maybe it'll be an intersting game and I'll get to hit one of the enemy players" he says walking away towards the horse stable.

"Do you look forward to hurting people?" I laugh

"When they deserve it" he replies.

"You mean when people say or do shit to the people you care about".

"Yes, besides everyone at this school knows that I'm not to be crossed ever, especially regarding you".

"How can you be terrifying and sweet at the same time".

"It's my own perfected art form".

Letting out a laugh I reach down and take his free hand while we walked towards the polo field.

Thornbrook was huge, I still remember how small I felt here when I had gotten out of my moms car, the massive school had this appeal of money and no wonder the wealthiest children in the country attended Thornbrook, and there I was a scholarship student and aligning into their definition of poor.

Now it no longer felt as imposing, and intimidating either because I had gotten used to it and in that sense earned my place here, or between the events where I've stood up for myself in similar quick thinking situation like I had to do yesterday, and where Adrian full on threatened the whole school that if I was messed with it would bring his wrath on them.

Probably a bit of both.

As we got to the stable Adrian walked down into the partially underground area and towards Nero who stood waiting in his pen.

"Ciao Nero sei pronto per vincere oggi?" Adrian says softly to the horse.

It was odd how someone with such depth and power to their voice could say things so softly.

Watching as Adrian saddled Nero and pulled on his gloves, and helmet I handed him his club before he got onto the back of his black thoroughbred stallion.

Reaching over to Nero he recognized me and put his head against my hand allowing me to run my hand over the shiny hair of his nose.

"He likes you" Adrian says.

"I see that" I laugh stepping aside to let Adrian ride Nero out of the stable.

"I'll find you in the stands, though I'm sure the boys secured front row seats" Adrian muses as he left the stable.