Chapter Seventy

Adrian stood waiting downstairs for me long having been ready for the party, while I finished off doing my makeup.

Putting my mascara back where it belonged I walked out of the bathroom and walked downstairs to the lobby where Adrian stood dressed in faded black ripped jeans shirt, and black bomber jacket.

Typical Adrian.

Walking over to where he was spinning the key for his Range Rover, I stopped to slip on the shoes that I intended to wear while he pressed the button for the elevator, calling it up to our floor.

As the doors opened we both stepped inside, before being carried down into Adrian's garage, and crossing the floor towards the SUV which he unlocked allowing me to get in.

Adrian then got in beside me starting the vehicle and driving away up the ramp onto the damp streets of New York.

The drive was filled with the sight of the city slowly fading into expensive suburbs until we had left New York as a whole, and were near where Savannah lived in the gated community that seemed to be leaking wealth with the shiny cars under streetlights long subjected to the dark of the night which seemed to be something both me and Adrian liked.

Though the only reason I wasn't scared of the night was because no one could get to me with him beside me. He was both every definition a dark person but at the same time he had a whole other side that not many got to see, but I also always seemed to feel safest when around him, from the night he drove me home onwards that feeling grew until it would be foolish for me to deny that the words Adrian and safety went hand in hand on dark nights.

Reaching the gates of Savannah's house for the second time this year all I could see was partying teens, expensive cars, and strobe colour lights.

Seems normal.

As Adrian parked I pushed open the door, and got out right before the lights of four more cars pulled into the driveway, all of which were owned by the rest of the quartet.

Everyone then was soon out of the vehicles and walking over to us.

"Time to get drunk" Riley says bounding up the steps while Hunter looked slightly discerned to Riley's comment.

We all then followed the excited blonde boy to the front of the house while when Adrian got to the door simply pushed open the door without knocking, which was something that I knew he did from his disregard to politeness at these kinds of parties.

Getting to the kitchen Adrian took a bottle of the Sherry Oak Scotch Sav had apparently stocked likely just for him since Adrian drank the previous bottle he had asked for the last time all of us were here.

Walking over to us the silvery blonde she-devil greeted all of us, though I just felt uneasy at her getting all of us to come here, and the fact she remembered Adrian's favourite scotch seemed slightly suspect to me.

"Welcome, welcome, please take what you want" Sav says, and Adrian just smirks taking a sip from his glass and just from being around him I know how to read him when he doesn't want people too.

Apparently the she-devil is being observed by the king himself, and he seems to be having something on his mind.

"I'm sure we will, though your other guests also require attention" Adrian says gripping the marble counter behind him, while running his thumb over the bottom, an instinct of self control to let out his anger.

"Yes, enjoy yourselves" Sav says a smile across her face before walking away towards the newly arrived students, and Adrian lets out a sigh before taking another sip of his drink.