Chapter Forty Two

That night I sat in my study that over looked the front of the driveway working on the design aesthetic for my office in Winters Group Headquarters.

So far I got the basics a large window behind the desk that would look over NYC, along with black ebony wood flooring, and a wall with shelves for files, along with a mini cafe area for me to make coffee or some other drink should I need it. The opposite wall was the same with large pieces of expensive art filling the two open areas on each of the walls with two plants in the corners by the door, along with a metal roman numeral clock above the tall black doors. I had also been playing with the idea of only having one side of the room have art with a fireplace on the right wall with a small lounge area built in with the clock sitting on the marble slab tiled fireplace.

As I made my decision a knock from the door pulled my eyes away and Olivia walked in holding a book.

"Hello Olivia" I say.

"Hi Adrian what are you working on?" she asks as she settled in one of the chairs opposite me.

"I'm designing my office for Winters Group HQ" I reply turning the laptop to face her.

"Are all shelves going to be filled with files?" she asks giving me a quizzical look.

"No it would look to cluttered I hope to have sections for files and then the free space I'll put pieces of foreign art and sculptures, I have an elephant tusk being flown in" I say and I catch the disturbed look on her face. "It wasn't killed it died of natuaral causes" I reassure with a smile.

"It looks nice, it's fitting for you" Olivia muses.

"That was the hope".

"Oh god everyone is outside making snowmen, and Riley and Hunter made an igloo" I hear Olivia mutter which makes me wonder what she had previously been doing.

None-the-less I looked outside to see the igloo and snowmen by the entrance to the igloo, along with our friends making small details to everything.

"There was a day in Switzerland when we all made a ten person igloo, we also wanted to sleep in it but the headmaster said we couldn't out of safety" I say.

"So you did have a childhood" Olivia gasps feigning shock before I roll my eyes.

"Of course I had a childhood but I wouldn't have without them" I admit, "I wouldn't be surprised if they knew that though".

"They probably do, I've known you long enough to understand that you're thankful for everyone and everything around you".

"Not how it looks to everyone but I also understand how it must look" I muse turning back to the laptop, and double checking everything before saving the design and sending it to the architect who was managing interior design.

"You should come outside" Olivia says setting her book on the shelf and walking back to the door.

"Alright let me put all these designs away" I call before she nods and walks out of the room.

Putting all the designs in a folder I put it in my desk before moving to the shelf where Olivia set her book.

One Day.

I had read the book only once and found it rather interesting that the synopsis gave a good definition to me and Olivia's own relationship.

Putting the book back where it went on my colour coordinated shelves I walk downstairs to get my coat and gloves on before tying my boots, and walking outside.

As I walked over to them I saw a snowball fly over the igloo towards me and I caught it keeping it completely formed.

"Hunter you're not going to be able to win" I laugh as he emerged holding two more.