Chapter Fifty One

Adrian Winters

The following day I had recieved a call from my accountant on an auction for a waterfront mansion in Miami South Beach, so I quickly dressed in white jeans, black breathable turtleneck, and blazer.

Walking out of my room I stop and walk back to my watch drawer and look over all of the watches until deciding to wear Richard Mille 23 Automatic Winding.

It's Miami I might at least fit the bill.

Finally heading downstairs I pulled on a pair of black leather shoes, and took the key to my Huracan Spyder, before walking to the door.

"Where are you going?" Olivia asks and I turn to see her leaning on the balcony at the top of the stairs.

"House auction in West Miami Beach" I reply spinning the key I held.

"Can I come with you?".

"Sure be quick".

She then nods and walked away towards our room before coming back a few minutes later having changed into a simple white sundress with a blue ribbon belt around the waist.

"Alright I'm ready to go" Olivia declares as she walks over to me.

"I see that" I comment before opening the door and walk away towards the garage which like every other one I opened by code and entered.

When I reached the car I pulled open the door and got inside before having the top go down so that we could enjoy some of the Miami breeze on our drive.

"A convertible Lamborghini in your collection" Olivia muses as she sat down into the passenger seat.

"Don't be so surprised, I've owned three or four convertible Lambos".

"Doesn't seem right" she says and I just laugh as I pull out the gate, and head off towards the location of the house.

"What car was your favourite from your gang days before they got ceased?" Olivia asks, and I glance over at her.

"I used to own a Hennessy Corvette ZR1 in grey and when they raided my home to arrest me that was one of the things they took from me" I say.

"Why might I ask".

"I used to enjoy high powered cars and I wanted one made in the US".

"That seems fair, and it seems like a you car" Olivia says having apparently looked it up because on her phone screen was one that looked almost exactly like mine.

"It was my daily drive that was while I lived in Brooklyn, then of course I went back to the Hamptons since it was my home for most of my life since around fourteen".

"You say around fourteen what does that mean?".

"My parents died just before my fourteenth birthday by only a few days, I had been living in the Hamptons since my return to New York a month before then".

"So they sent you eighty miles away from Manhattan".

"Yes, though that was when I met Elijah, he was eighteen at the time, he had opted to join the army and became a special forces soldier before he left to enter personal protection which was when I met him".

"He's only twenty two".

"Yeah he is, young and good as fuck at his job, I wouldn't trust anyone else to be in charge of my security" I say making a turn to avoid the traffic that would soon fill the streets making it a painstaking task of getting there on time, though late was technically on time here I was too punctual to not get there at the time of bidding, which would likely be before most of the people going there.