Chapter Ten

Waking up the next morning I could still feel the effect from the whisky last night.

I then moved to the side of the light grey sheeted bed, and saw my clothing neatly folded.

Apparently even under the influence I'm organized.

I then pick up the pile and walk to the bathroom, leaving it on the counter before getting into the shower.

When I got out I quickly dressed and went back into the room to retrieve my phone, but when I did the list of messages became immediately clear that something was wrong. Then I remembered I forgot to tell Olivia where I was.

Fuck.

Opening my phone and seeing the list of messages I realized that I was goung to have to do one hell of a good job at explaining this.

Bellissima

Hey Adrian just wondering where you went.
Received 2:15

Where are you?
Received 3:09

You aren't with Nico
Received 3:32

Come on where have you gone
Received 4:27

Adrian it's been three hours where are you?
Received 5:36

You better fucking answer
Recieved 5:49

Adrian Leo Winters answer me now
Recieved 6:13

I meant to tell you where I was several hours ago, but I put it off and ended up asleep, but I'll come home, and explain everything
Read 6:24

Where did you go that's all I want to know that you couldn't answer me.
Received 6:25

Aria needed me to pick her up from the airport
Read 6:26

And that meant you couldn't tell me
Recieved 6:27

Yes and no ill explain when I get home.
Sent 6:28

After sending that message I quickly went downstairs and grabbed the keys for my car, before hearing Aria in the kitchen humming to the music she was playing.

Walking to where she was in comfy pants and a wrap around cardigan with a messy bun mounted on her head.

"Hey Aria, I've got to go" I say.

"Alright, I might see you around" she says.

"Yes you will" I affirm giving her a light smile and walk to the door.

I then quickly walk down the stairs and get into my car before speeding away back towards One57.

Getting back in record time, I close the door of the Bentley and lock it before heading for the elevator.

I barely look at the buttons before hitting the one labelled with my floor number.

As the elevator rose I mentally began to prepare myself for explaining to Olivia what happened last night.

A few minutes later the doors opened and I stepped into the penthouse with Olivia standing by the doorway.

"Livi" I call towards her and she turns to see me with a serious look on her face.