Chapter Seventy Three

A week had passed since Aria was discharged from the hospital. In the aftermath of that night a media frenzy had taken over about the arrest of Savannah Lovell, and Tristan Irvine, the near death of Aria Verille, and the trials that had followed all happened in a week.

Though what could one not expect from New York.

I stood in the middle of my kitchen making dinner for everyone. The boys sat in my living room laughing, and joking, various drinks set on coasters near them, though Hunter hasn't set his down, as if one of us would take it.

"Adrian what are you making?" Olivia asks entering the kitchen with her recently blow dried hair in a near bun with a golden bun pin holding it in place.

"Stirfry" I reply slicing bell peppers into strips, and cutting them in half before adding them into the pan filled with the various other parts of the meal. "Do you want to help" I ask.

"Sure but you look pretty much done" Olivia says.

"That's just the vegetables, I need to add cashew beef with it".

"What do you need me to do?".

"Get a pan, and the container of cashews, add little bit of water, put it on a low boil, I'll cut up the beef, then it can be cooked, and added to the veggies before being mixed and served" I say.

"How many times have you made this to remember such specific instructions?" Hunter asks.

"I've been cooking since we were children Ambrose, you know that" I say glancing up at Hunter as I pull the food I needed out of the fridge.

"And he doesn't order pizza every Friday" Mia laughs.

"She's right we make it by hand" Olivia voices as she followed my vague instructions on what do to mostly due to us living in the same house for so long and two people capable of cooking has sped up dinner making times significantly.

Walking around the kitchen I get to the stove before turning it on and pulling out a cutting board along with a knife to make the slices of beef that i needed in a sizable enough quantity to feed eight people.

Putting it into the pan it begins to sizzle while giving off the typical heated aroma of game meat.

As the meat cooked I washed off what I had used, before letting it sit in bleach water because I honestly don't want to get sick two months before I am to fully take over as CEO of Winters Group International, which in itself will cause a influx in media coverage on the new generation of the global powerhouse my family created.

After flipping the pieces of beef, I began mixing a sauce to accompany it along with adding the heavily steamed cashews to the cooking meat.

Once everything had cooked correctly I mixed both halves of the meal together until it was exactly how I wanted it, before sliding a ladal into the completed stirfry.

"Come get dished up" I say taking a step back and picking up my drink that had since had all the ice melt.

Lifting the glass to my lips while everyone gets their food into the square bowls me and Olivia owned, I took a sip of the strong drink that I held since there was nothing but scotch and ice inside the glass.

My emotional forgetting drink.

This was because I hadn't heard from Aria in that time frame, Olivia had even attempted to convince me to go see her but I also know that if Aria wanted to be found she'd have reached out. One of the things you learn about people over thirteen years.

Another reason was that because I've known her so long I worry about her, and following her hospitalization I would have liked to know how she was doing.