Chapter Forty One

Waking up the next morning, I got dressed and wandered downstairs to the kitchen to begin making breakfast for everyone.

Some might argue that I'm already providing shelter but honestly I don't mind doing this for everyone especially since there was eight people under one roof.

As I finished making the pancakes and French toast for everyone along with various other breakfast items I set the table as everyone began making their way downstairs.

"Good morning Adrian" Kate says as she walks past me to her seat along with everybody else who was currently up.

"Morning Kate" I reply heading towards the stairs so that I could go wake up Olivia.

Getting to our room I open the door and walk over to the grey cloth bed where Olivia slept before lying down on the blankets next to her.

"Bellissima you have to wake up" I whisper.

"But I'm comfy" she objects bringing a smirk to my lips, "but I made you French toast".

Her eyes then opened in an instant and met with mine searching for any sign of deception.

"Really for me?" she prys.

"Yes, but everyone else is up and downstairs eating except you sleeping beauty" I muse getting off the bed.

"I'm going" Olivia says walking into the closet to the left of the bed.

"I'm sure you are, also tell them to start eating if they haven't already, I'm having a shower first".

"Of course you are" Olivia comments emerging in comfy pants a shirt and one of my red plaid flannel sweaters.

I then walk into the bathroom and undress before getting into the shower.

Letting the hot water run over my skin I slowly ebegan to complete my cycle of waking up.

I was also probably the worst person for using hot water there was a hot water tank for each of the three showers in my parents Penthouse and I would go through all of mine before getting out because the water had fully cooled off.

Twenty minutes later I step out of the shower letting the steam that had accumulated fill the room and be sucked into the fan to be vented outside.

I then dried off and walked out to get dressed in actual clothing so that we could do something today which would likely be skiing based off of how sunny it was outside.

Walking downstairs for the second time that morning I found everyone talking and my guess of todays activity was accurate.

"Adrian we should ski down to Aspen and stop at the cafe we saw on the way here" Riley says.

"Oh I know which one you mean, sure we can do that, my ski locker should have equipment that fits you all" I say as I begin to put food on my plate.

"That was easier then I thought it'd be" he admits turning to his half full mug of some sort of hot drink.

"Adrian enjoys skiing, you shouldn't be surprised" Nico says nonchalantly.

Thanks mate.

As we all finished our food almost an hour later, mostly due to Riley and Hunter having a row with one another and I had to threaten them to make them stop it.

"Alright everyone find your sizes I think I got them right at least I hope I did" I say taking my own snowpants, jacket, gloves, scarf and boots before pulling all of it on, I also took the bracelet Olivia gave me and put it inside another pocket on my coat that I zipped shut.

There now I can't lose it for when I wipe out.

"Adrian how good of a downhill skier are you?" Olivia asks looking over her shoulder at me.

"He has come here almost every year during Winter" Kate says.

"I went last year too in February" I admit.

"When?" Hunter asks.

"Weekend after Valentines Day" I say securing my feet in the skis and walking much like someone wearing clown shoes over to the back door and sliding out onto the snow.

"No wonder you weren't in Manhattan and none of us could find you" Olivia says joining me outside.

"I had gotten another update on Demetri's location and needed time to think about what I was going to do next to stop him from getting to you" I say before everyone else joins us.

"Alright you ready for this several mile trek?" Hunter asks looking at Mia who seemed slightly apprehensive.

"No".

"It's fine there's almost nothing you could hit and all of us will travel together, I'll stop every once in a while to check and make sure we're all here" I state as I near the incline part of my property before I begin to slide down the hill gaining speed swiftly, until terminal velocity takes over.

Olivia being smaller and thinner then me caught up, and I was well aware that she could pass me if she wished.

"Hello Livi" I say glancing over at her.

"Hi Adrian".

"Want to race to the bottom?".

"You'll win" I muse with a smirk.

"That's not like you to back down from anything" she states.

"Is that a challenge?"

"Maybe" she smirks.

"Nico make sure no one is left behind" I call to my best friend who nods.

"On three" Olivia smiles.

"One".

"Two".

"Three" I say before dropping down to make myself smaller and shootimg down the hill which was actually something I wouldn't have ever done until now mostly because I didn't actually remember this whole hill that well after the clearing we had passed through.

As I spotted the bottom I slowed down only to be passed my Olivia a mere second after as she too slowed.

"Okay I thought I might have a chance but you were gone" she laughed.

"I thought you could have won" I say as everyone else joins us and we take the skies off before beginning our walk through Aspen towards a local Cafe I frequented when here.

As we reached the wooden door I pulled it open and put my skis into the rack that the owners set out during the winter months.

We all then walked through until finding a booth and I took my bracelet out before refastening it to my wrist.

"The fact you've worn that for over a year without it not being nearby or on you at all times is impressive" Mia points out.

"It's important to me, why would I take it off" I muse looking pointedly at Olivia who blushed.

"I'm not surprised my own is in the Hamptons so that I can't lose it anywhere" she says and I smirk before the customary round of hot cocoa is brought to our table and I pay.

"To a good day of skiing" Riley says lifting his and we all follow suit.

Alright this was a little bit short and I apologize it was written on my phone where all bad spelling mistakes and extra long updates stem from. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌