Chapter Forty Eight

Several long weeks had passed where I juggled looking for who was behind the possible threat to me and Olivia, along with getting my school work done, final development plan for WGI, and getting Nero to New York for Polo tryouts this week.

As I walked out of school down to the stable that was on school grounds.

Yes Thornbrook is honestly that massive.

Reaching the gates I pushed them open and closed them after getting down to each corral.

There were several thoroughbred horses here all resting before tryouts, which only a handful of us would actually get through.

At the end was my black stallion, grazing on the oatmeal that I had made for him, along with spartan apples, peaches, and almonds.

"È bello rivederti vecchio amico" I whisper softly, and Nero turns to face me, allowing me to gently brush the shiny black hair on his nose, as a sign of welcome.

"Sei pronto a dare il meglio a tutti anche quest'anno?".

To this my horse lowered his head his way of asking to be saddled, and I oblige, as this can't be a one sided relationship horses are smart, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he understood every word I said to him.

After that was done, I changed into the proper outfit, of white dress pants black riding boots, black polo shirt, helmet, and black gloves.

Mounting Nero, I navigate him out of the stable and onto the polo field where I saw a group of the other players either on their own horses, or going to get them.

"Adrian" Hunter called from his own horse which was a golden brown colour, and even I would admit was a beautiful colour, and an impressive animal.

"Ambrose" I reply moving over to be beside him before stopping.

"I forget every year how small I feel on this horse".

"If I'm not wrong Apricot weighs over nine hundred pounds".

"Yes she does, and Nero is eleven hundred pounds of muscle" Hunter points out.

"Two hundred pounds isn't a lot it's like the weight difference between us" I say.

"Shut the fuck up".

"If you best me on the field I might consider it" I smirk before turning to move to where our coach is on her own horse.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's good to see some new faces, and welcome back those of you who have been here each year for the past two years" she begins as she moves back to join the circle of horses that had been made. "I shouldn't have to remind you that this is a competition and Thornbrook has a reputation to uphold, Winters, Ambrose, you are team captains you know how this works. Everyone here has been cleared for polo knowledge and rules please take it from here, I'll watch".

Hunter doesn't say anything, leaving it to me as he would prefer not to be the one explaining anything to people, and I wouldn't either but I also am the more imposing one and will be better heard.

"Alright, then that clears the majority of you who I've seen or met before" I start, "I want to be plain and simple this isn't a fucking Tony Robbins motivation speech. I will not accept any unsportsmanlike conduct in my team or on the field, I'm also not stupid I've seen staged injuries, and they end up with people, and the horses either injured or in the hospital, and I don't want that please, now I will also be blunt, not all of you will make the team, and I do actually watch all of your performance, so if you don't meet what I believe you to be capable of I will cut you from the team" I say and I can see that they are all following. "Now let's play polo" I finally add, and move out of the circle so that we could all go get our clubs.

Taking mine me and Hunter split the group of over thirty people into an even two before we shoot hands, and set the ball in the middle of the field since we didn't want to put someone in the way of so many horses some of which were likely race thoroughbreds.

Getting to the starting line I raise my hand to signal that I am ready before Hunter did the same and the referee had a starting noise sound over the field before Nero shot forward under my command, and I hit the ball over Hunter and the others heads before sending it to one of my team mates, something that made our team so good was that we practiced moves that would catch other players off guards since we were good at making sure we never had a specific strategy other then confuse our opponent and do what was needed within the rules to score points.

We all knew that newer players were better at pushing then actually maneuvering the ball but each year we were surprised by a few players and those were always the ones to watch.

The game was also very fast paced and that was what me and Hunter did as we set out to beat the other.

Half an hour later we had finished with me winning for another year in a row.

Guiding Nero back into the stable, I took off all his gear before changing back into my own clothing, and heading to the door gaining several good game's from the players who had actually gotten to see me outside of a stone cold billionaire heir.

"Those of you who cut it will be contacted by the school, thank you, and I look forwards to playing with you, for those of you who didn't make it, work hard, and it is very possible you get your shot next year. Have a good day" I say giving them all a curt nod before making my leave out across the field.

As I crossed the grass towards the stands I could see everyone else sitting up there having been watching along with the friend groups of those who had shown up for tryouts.

Jumping over the stand guard I climb the steps to Olivia.

"You did excellent" she says with a smile, as I pull her towards me.

"I would hope so I wanted to impress you" I smirk, and I can see Mia smiling as she had been close enough to over hear me.

"Say the devil's gone soft, and I will literally throw you all the two hundred feet from here to the field" I warn harshly.

"Damn, that's aggressive" Nico muttered.

"But not outside of my abilities, I just don't like hearing it, it's a little old".

"Fair enough" Mia says.

We all then watch as Hunter does the same thing as me and walks to Mia before kissing her.

"Dude that's my sister you're kissing" Nico says.

"Harrington you share a bedroom with Adrian's" Hunter dismisses.

"I do but I'd also probably be skinned if I did anything wrong".

You wouldn't but okay then.

"Alright let's get out of here, I don't want to be here any longer then I have to if I'm being honest" I say heading towards the exit stairs.

"What he means is he wants to be closer to going to Florida" Hunter says.

"Ambrose" I hum giving him a warning glare.

"Shutting up".

"The only actual way to do it" Riley says and I notice everyone lightly laughing as we walk towards the parking lot to go home.

Alright so next chapter will be grad trip for them also lets just say shit happens thats it for idea you all can find context later. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌