Chapter 201 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 201 Party Coordination (Part 1)

Although Ye Ci had repeatedly expressed her reluctance to take command, as matters stood, even if she wanted to ride the waves and goof off, it would be futile. Under the ardent hopeful gazes of everyone, she could only open the command system's voice chat. She cleared her throat and explained in simple terms, "This boss has 3 stages. But before I talk about the different stages, let me first explain where everyone should be positioned."

"During the first stage, everyone remains stationary. Actually, most bosses are fought like this, so it's not much of a problem; the difficulty lies in where to stand." Ye Ci stood by the pond and gestured to three points, informing the melee, ranged, and healers of their respective positions. She then continued, "Once the fight reaches the second stage, the boss will summon clones. The tank will then pull the boss over to this point, where the healers are positioned, while the healers group up with the ranged classes. You guys then continue your damage output while remaining in the same place. When the third stage approaches, the Tanks will need to kite the boss around the pond in a large circle, with everyone else standing within the circle. If you get poisoned, quickly run over to the Tank's side and transmit the poison to the boss. Healers, remember to keep their health up. As for whether or not there is a fourth stage, save that for after the fight. As long as we beat these three stages, we shall be victorious."

Ye Ci's commands were clear and simple throughout. She didn't have a habit of dealing with trivial matters either. She believed that players would retain a deeper impression if they personally experienced being extremely focused and making their own preparations. However, if she needed to explain everything clearly, she wouldn't really be giving them the chance to grow.

Ye Ci's voice faded away after giving everyone 5 minutes to prepare. The members who often teamed up with Ye Ci promptly assigned all of their potions and single-target skills to a hotkey.

One of the members who was partying with them for the first time was slightly confused when she saw someone beside her bustling around so much. As a result, she asked him, "Happy, what are you doing?"

Happy Family was a veteran member; naturally, he was very familiar with Ye Ci's habits. However, he didn't know what to do with a newbie following Ye Ci for the first time, and hence explained to Naturally Cute while he prepared, "Leader is letting us do our own preparations, didn't you hear her?"

"Preparations? Aren't we already prepared?" Naturally Cute was clearly used to elaborate commands. Usually, Mi Lu and Overflowing Ink would clarify every trifling matter in advance when instructing the party so she was very dependent on this kind of leader.

"Already prepared?" Happy Family glanced at Naturally Cute. "Have you set your single-target skills to a hotkey? Have you recast your buffs? Did your munitions automatically get restocked? Where did you put your contingency potions?"

"This... Shouldn't our commander remind us about all of this? And wouldn't they tell us when we need to use them?" Although Naturally Cute didn't quite understand, she also started preparing everything that Happy Family had mentioned when she saw him making the same preparations.

"You haven't partied under Leader's command before, right?"

"I haven't, this is the first time." Naturally Cute was also a huntress. Her eyes immediately lit up when he mentioned Ye Ci. "Guild Leader Gongzi is my idol. I queue for a party every day just so I can get a glimpse of her. Seeing her today makes me very excited, I'm stoked..."

Naturally Cute had yet to finish proclaiming her feelings of excitement before Happy Family bluntly interrupted her rambling. "Let me tell you, there's only one word to describe Leader's command—simple. Were you listening to her fighting strategy just now? That's the most that Leader says. Once the battle starts, you won't hear her voice in the command chat, nor the reminders that you spoke of..."