Chapter 206 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 206 A Few Things

The atmosphere was tense.

Dong Yin's anger flared when her father was ignored by Ye Ci. She has been trying to get into contact with Ye Ci, hoping that she would help Thousand Sunsets out. Even if Ye Ci was not willing to lend her strength to Thousand Sunsets, she should help Dong Yin out because of their years of friendship. She has persuaded her father to invest more than half of their wealth into the game. Even if Unbridled Willow was not a threat, she still hoped that Thousand Sunsets could secure a spot in the First Five. This will bring a huge amount of profit to her family, and could preserve her relationship with Thousand Sunsets.

However, ever since their last gathering, Ye Ci has been ignoring her. All her messages and mails were rejected. She has even tried to get Liu Chang's help to get into contact with Ye Ci, but her request was always denied by Liu Chang. At this point, it was it was as if Dong Yin was begging for their help.

Then again, even if she was indeed begging for their help, shouldn't they give her face after she has begged for so long?

Dong Yin was annoyed. She was from a wealthy family, and was raised like a princess. She has never faced such a rejection in her life. Her father would even pluck down the stars from heaven if she asked for them. Ye Ci, on the other had, had coldly rejected her request. She felt humiliated and was angry at the same time. Thousand Sunsets had also hinted that if she was unable to settle things with Ye Ci, it would badly affect their relationship. It was a very desperate moment for Dong Yin.

A human would do almost anything out of desperation, even if it was something that was very out of character.

Dong Yin was the perfect example. With her request rejected by Ye Ci and her father completely ignored by her as well, the tiny volcano within her heart erupted, "Ye Ci, my dad is talking to you! How could you be so rude? Just what the hell do you think you're doing? Haven't your parents taught you some basic manners?"

Ye Nantian and Zuo Xiaolan were angered by Dong Yin's statement, "Dong Yin, it's not your place to question Ye Ci's manners. Auntie knows that you're young, so auntie will let it slide, but please don't do that again. What will outsiders think about you if you behaved like that?"

Unlike Yi Cang, Dong Yin had a better control of her anger. She was interrupted by her mother before she could talk back, who glared at her, "Is it your turn to speak? Eat your food!" Dong Yin's mother then smiled at Zuo Xiaolan, "Little Lan, I hope you don't mind, I've been pampering Yin Yin too much. She's always been like that, " she then smiled at Ye Ci, "Little Ci, please don't mind Yin Yin, she's just a little pampered, please just give in to her a little."

"Give in?" Liu Chang's mother snorted, "It's as if your daughter was the pearl in your palm but ours are weeds at the side of the road!"

Liu Chang's mother shed all pretenses of cordiality. She was no longer gentle with her words.

The face of Dong Yin's mother immediately distorted into a mask of anger. She would have exploded in a fit of rage had it not been for the presence of her husband, who immediately attempted to defuse the tension, "What are you people doing? I'm talking to Little Ci, stop butting in." and he smiled at Ye Ci, "Little Ci, do you think you can do it when you get back home later? There's no time better than the present. Why don't you settle this as soon as possible when you get home?"

Ye Ci raised her head and stared silently at Dong Yin's father. The man has grown plump due to his recent success in his business exploits. There was not a single wrinkle on his face. Ye Ci could feel the calculative intention hidden behind his wide grin. She could not help but shudder. Wealth is such a terrible thing. Dong Yin's father was not like this when she was younger. Since when had he changed so much?