Chapter 221 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 221 Top Player (Part 1)

Ye Ci bade farewell with the Gnomes and immediately left the party when the battle was over. She refused to remain in a free-win team.

She was immediately transported to the grand hall in the Golan Arena. There was a huge billboard in the hall, displaying parties that were looking for more members, and members in need of parties. Learning from her previous lesson, Ye Ci decided against searching for a random party with the help of NPCs. She stood in front of billboard, studying the details of each party. Despite attracting many attention from the players around her, Ye Ci opted to ignore the stares she received for the sake of finding a good party.

There were multiple battle modes available in the Golan Arena. Of course, players would have no need of searching for teammates in a 1v1 battle, while most of the players engaging in 2v2 battles have a fixed duo. Most of the parties that were in need of members were taking part in 3v3 and 5v5 battles. The rosters of these parties would constantly change as players come and go. It was almost impossible to form a party with a fixed roster under such condition. The 10v10 battle mode, on the other hand, were always made up of parties with members from the same guild. Recruitment messages for 10v10 battles would never appear on the billboard. Most of the recruiting parties were seeking to take part in 3v3 and 5v5 battles.

The best way to earn Battle Points in the Golan Arena was to take part in 1v1 battles. However, such battles would typically last for a short duration of 30 seconds, and the victor would then be decided with 2 criteria: The first player who was able to obtain three kills would win the battle even before the time was up. If none of the combatants were able to secure any kills, the player with the highest amount of damage dealt would be the victor.

1v1 battles rely heavily on individual strength. As long as a player was skillful enough, he or she would be able to secure a kill within the time limit, and be awarded with 300 Battle Points. If both combatants possess the same skill level, could only try their best to deal damage to their opponents before time runs out.

That was why most players would still opt for 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 battles even when they could earn more Battle Points from 1v1 battles. Only players who were truly skillful would take part in this battle mode.

However, 2v2 battles require a high degree of teamwork. Many players who do not have a fixed partner would shun away from this battle mode, favoring the 3v3 or 5v5 battles. If a player was lucky enough, he or she would be paired with a decent team, and if things went well, they could earn a lot of points.

The opening of the Golan Arena served as an indicator. It foretold the beginning of the battle between the four continents. The battles would not be fought in stadiums or arena, but between players in cities and in the wild. This was also the core feature of Fate's major patch called "A New Continent". When the patch was released, the Middle Continent would be made available to players from all continents. With the exception of the major cities, every map in the Middle Continent was a potential battleground where players could engage each other in combat.

This was why the Golan Arena was introduced into the game. It would allow players to acquire PVP equipment while training their skills in actual combat. After all, nobody would willingly allow themselves to be slaughtered. Players would take part in battles in the Golan Arena to improve their combat capabilities.

Of course, it was a fact that still remained unknown to most of the players in the current stage of the game. They knew that the Battle Points they've acquired from the Golan Arena could be exchanged for PVP equipment. But... What are these equipment for? This was a question that was overlooked by many of the players, giving rise to the countless free-win teams in the arena.